Primary Job Duty:
To develop applications and features and plan releases; coordinate with onshore and remote resources; troubleshoot production issues; schedule and manage system upgrades; orchestrate containerization and pipelining; instill technical best practices.
Serves as technical team lead for development, integration and operation of Community Collaboration applications and platforms. Develops and maintains a suite of public-facing applications and sites built primarily in Java and related front-end technologies.
• Develop and Maintain: Develop and refactor applications and features, including understanding requirements, prioritizing work and planning
releases. Integrate and applications and consolidate system architecture.
• Coordinate Resources: Coordinate the work of on-site and remote team members, including close alignment of work focus, review and testing.
• Optimize Performance: Build scrum team velocity; reduce bug occurrence; consistently decrease time required to move code into production.
• Instill Best Practices: Learn and instill best practices in the areas of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD), containerization and
pipelines, test-driven development, and testing automation; provide technical documentation of code.
• Cross-Functional Coordination: Schedule maintenance windows; troubleshoot production issues with cloud infrastructure and release management teams.
• Plan for Contingencies: Anticipate and plan for outages and remediation across environments and services, including caching, search, load balancing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
• Excellent Skills In: Application development and architecture; system integrations; troubleshooting bugs and production issues; Agile methodology; CICD.
• Demonstrated Ability To: Collaborate with business stakeholders; coordinate resources in a team setting; manage multiple messaging channels.
• General Knowledge Of: Content and document management; business process modelling; microservices and headless architecture.
• Experience In: Google suite, Office suite, bug documentation and reproduction.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
• Knowledge and Experience In: Alfresco, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, JQuery, Solr, Elasticsearch, Foundation.
• Excellent Skills In: Responsive design and cross-browser implementation.
• Demonstrated Ability To: Write, refine, score and prioritize stories and epics.
• General Knowledge Of: Okta or other SSO provider, Java-based CMSes, Jira, Samanage.
• Experience In: Site and content migrations; scripting and regular expressions.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming or a related field and eight years of experience or a Master’s degree with six years
of experience with private or public-sector organizations involving team-driven application development for public-facing Web applications backed by a
CMS or DMS.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language; multilingual or bilingual a plus with ideally one of the six UN official languages.
• Ability to work with highly diverse workforce
• Able to work independently (self-motivated) and multi-task under pressure (focused)