The GSE Programs Manager, APAC focuses on developing, implementing and evolving the ICANN APAC Regional Office’s engagement programs with its various stakeholders. S/he will maintain an extensive network of key stakeholders in the region and establish key relations to widen APAC community participation in ICANN. In the development of engagement programs, s/he partners key stakeholders to expand ICANN’s presence and deepen its engagement in the region, contributing to the development of the ICANN APAC Regional Office as a key player in the APAC Internet Governance ecosystem, further contributing to the development of the multistakeholder model of Internet Governance in APAC.
The scope of work also includes public and government affairs, including monitoring issues of importance to ICANN and its stakeholders. S/He provides strategic insight in engagement; and communicates well as an ICANN representative.
- Work as part of the global stakeholder engagement team, reporting directly to GSE Asia Vice President.
- Maintain and establish key relationships with regional stakeholders including government, Domain Name registries and registrars, Internet companies, network operators, academia and civil society.
- Advance interests through public education of ICANN, and actively communicate policies and processes to stakeholders.
- Represent ICANN at high tech industry gatherings and Internet community meetings, speak publicly at events and conventions.
- Provide front-line support on issues requiring engagement, solving problems and escalating to internal colleagues as needed.
- Engage in research, writing and other activities to provide analysis and critical thinking on developments in the region affecting ICANN and the APAC Community. Help the regional GSE team to determine priorities, positions, and strategies in response to these developments to maintain and/or strengthen ICANN’s presence and engagement in the region.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial drive with respect to developing and implementing engagement programs including capacity development programs for different stakeholders.
- Contribute content on ICANN activities on social media and blogs.
- Act as one of the spokespersons for ICANN in APAC, representing ICANN in regional speaking engagements, and helping to drive outreach and awareness programs in collaboration with the Head of Comms, APAC.
- Assist the VP, GSE Asia to manage the regional GSE-team’s day-to-day operations. This includes coordinating with the regional GSE team in project management and reporting design to capture ICANN’s activities in the APAC region and contribute towards Global Reporting.
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Engagement across different stakeholder groups
- Knowledge of the Internet, Domain Name System and common related issues is considered a strong value-add. Demonstrate a keen interest in areas such as ICT technologies, emerging technologies, and Internet governance.
- Excellent skills in: Communication, writing, research, event coordination, project management
- Ability to: facilitate projects with project partners, coordinate events, work in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and scheduling required
- Proficiency using MS Office, and keen to learn new software such as Salesforce and other platforms
- Independent self-starter, able to motivate oneself, work autonomously and enjoy such flexibility.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A strong undergraduate degree in international relations, international business or appropriate technical qualifications, supplemented with strategic thinking and strong problem–solving skills. An advanced degree or professional training is of interest.
- At least 6 years work experience preferably in a multinational business, intergovernmental or international organization.
- Prior international experience strongly preferred. Cross-culturally adept and aware.
- Strong networking and influencing skills, able to work effectively and form relationships with senior members of both public and private organisations in the Internet or Information Technology sectors
- Able to work and collaborate with all stakeholders; public and private sectors to academic, technical, and maintaining professional relationships.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office; comfort with social media and additional outreach tools.
- Experience with corporate responsibility programs, international business organizations or multi-stakeholder policy bodies.
- Fluency in English and at least one additional language.
- Flexibility, can manage conflicting demands whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Self–motivated, with an appetite for working independently and being functionally effective within a fast-paced and evolving business environment
- An uncompromising commitment to quality and ethics.