The Global Communications Coordinator will assist the Head of Communications, Asia Pacific and other members of the ICANN Communications team in coordinating and effectively executing the internal and external communications strategy for ICANN.
This individual will be based in Singapore.
• Help ensure that ICANN has a strong media presence in Asia Pacific and across the globe.
• Handle media inquiries and contribute to proactive media relations.
• Assist in the writing of news releases and media advisories.
• Assist in the publication of regional newsletters.
• Maintain the media contact database for Asia Pacific.
• Maintain and keep current, the press page of the ICANN website.
• Use media monitoring software to upload releases and advisories for regional and/or global distribution.
• Monitor and collate daily news clips and social media activity from and about the ICANN community.
• Prepare media kits for distribution to journalists covering ICANN’s three annual international public meetings.
• Actively participate in a wide range of social media forums: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WeChat, Weibo and others.
• Assist and support regional ICANN communications managers from around the globe.
• Help execute appropriate communications plans and messaging to ensure consistency globally.
• Other duties as assigned or requested
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
• Knowledge of public relations best practices.
• Familiarity with ICANN is highly desirable, but not required.
• Proficiency with MS Office programs.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
• Familiarity with video editing software is preferred.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese. (Role will be supporting China market.)
• Good understanding of communications, its importance and role it plays in an organization.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to write effectively on deadline.
• Knowledge of how journalists work: their deadlines, rules and story requirements.
• Ability to differentiate between the needs of journalists working for traditional and new media, broadcasters, news agencies, online outlets and blogs.
• Strong familiarity with social media practices and trends, including best practices for engagement.
• Strong analytical ability and understanding of online behavior.
• Excellent judgment, trustworthiness and commitment to integrity.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask, and to establish and follow through on priorities.
• Ability to quickly learn the ICANN environment and its current issues.
• Ability to cope with continuous change and pressure in a dynamic and fast changing environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends, and to adjust to the demands of media deadlines in different time zones.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Prior international experience strongly preferred.
• Undergraduate degree with minimum 1 - 2 years relevant experience working in a regional and business environment.