Global Stakeholder Engagement Manager - Eastern Europe & Central Asia
This contract assignment is designed to aid in the delivery of ICANN’s strategic and tactical outreach and engagement objectives in the Eastern Europe and/or Central Asia region as assigned by Regional GSE Head. This contracted role requires someone with strong diplomatic, analytical, project, educational and outreach related skills needed to fulfill multiple responsibilities required for the successful engagement of all regional stakeholders.
Location – Eastern Europe & Central Asia Duration: 6 months, with potential to be longer
- Collaborate on the further development and implementation of ICANN’s regional strategy with Regional GSE Head.
- Design and execute engagement activities with stakeholders in international Internet governance discussions.
- Identify and analyze local and regional Internet-related developments, public policy issues and trends, and their impact on ICANN and its regional strategy, and translate them into practical steps.
- Interact professionally with appropriate internal and external partners in developing and executing ICANN’s regional educational and outreach activities.
- Develop strategy and expand the regional network of stakeholders, including governments, private sector, academia, technical community and civil society; collaborate with the Regional GSE Head to maintain and develop rapport with the media across the region.
- Deliver presentations on subject matters within ICANN, work closely with the Communications and Language Services departments on messaging, both internal and external to the organization, and local language outreach.
- Deliver on specific country/sub-region projects as assigned by Regional GSE Head.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Broad knowledge of the regional Internet stakeholder communities and ability to make and develop connections with stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of ICANN’s mission, ICANN’s ecosystem and role in global Internet governance; excellent knowledge of the global internet governance ecosystem and its key participants.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to communicate complex and often controversial information, concepts, policies and positions, both verbally and in writing, to internal and external audiences.
- Able to work independently (self-motivated).
- Proficiency in variety of systems, including Adobe, Keynote, MS Office Suite and Oracle.
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-cultural environment, and in a globally distributed organization.
- Ability to travel frequently and freely across the Region, and to participate in regional and international events.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Fluent knowledge of English and Russian languages (both in speaking and writing), knowledge of other regional languages is a plus.
- Prior international work experience in business and/or government relations preferred.