Position Summary: Under the direction of management, effectively and efficiently executes various aspects of Board’s training & development programs and coordinates Board content & information flow; and supports the logistics management of Board’s work.
This role interfaces with ICANN Board members, Community leaders and Organization (Org) Executives and Management teams on a regular basis, and across multiple cultures, languages and time-zones.
- Board Training and Development:
- Assists in the research, development and implementation of Board training & development programs and materials, including programs and materials for new Board member onboarding, the entire Board, subset of Board and individual Board members.
- Works with other Org teams as well as third parties to facilitate programs.
- Ensures approval process compliance for all Board training-related travels and enrolment.
- Analyses, monitors and reports Board training / development spending versus budget.
- Collaborates closely with the Legal Team to comply with all material clearance process and procedures.
- Board Content:
- Ensures the high-traffic Board pages on ICANN.org are accurate and timely for delivery on transparency and institutional knowledge to the ICANN Community.
- Provides timely, accurate, and efficiently updates materials on the Board’s Google-drive, Board webpages, etc.
- Prepares content for and provides timely and accurate updates to the Board Ops intranet site.
- Assists in tracking Board action items to ensure proper and timely action item completion. Supports the capture of action items for all Board, Committee and Working Group sessions as well as meetings of the Board with Community groups.
- Tracks KPI metrics related to Board training materials and documents
- Proactively monitors the timely update of the Board Ops manual of procedures & processes. Assists the tracking of essential Preliminary Reports/Minutes through to approval and publication to ensure institutional knowledge and transparency to the community.
- Collaborates closely with the Legal Team on all of the above responsibilities.
- Board Operations Logistics Teamwork:
- Administers the timeline and information flow for the key Board and Community interactions
- Reports and updates accurately and timely the Board sections on Accountability Indicators (ICANN progress reporting to the Community).
- Provides support for the other Board Ops Team members to enable time-zone efficiencies and during ICANN meetings / events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree highly preferred in a relevant field of study
- 5+years of experience in related fields and global organizations with progressive advancements
- Knowledge of board governance, institutional policies, and operational processes and procedures
- Ability to travel without restrictions globally and frequently is a must
- Sound analytical and project management skills and experience
- Solves complex problems in creative ways, and works independently with minimal guidance after initial training, well-organized and detail oriented
- Ability to follow documented procedures while exercising independent judgment and discretion in analyzing requests
- Prior international experience a must and experience in multi-stakeholder environment preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools – Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a must
- Proficiency with Project Management tools highly preferred
- Working experience with Google Apps (G Suite), along with other tools related to the work of the ICANN Board; and ability to train Board members to use these tools
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with multi-lingual skills strongly preferred
- Broad knowledge of and experience with the Domain Name System and fundamentals of Internet Addressing is preferred.