The role will support a range of projects and activities in the gTLD Services area. It involves participation in a number of cross-organizational projects in areas such as contract negotiations and compliance, operations, legal policy definitions and implementation and internationalized domain names (IDNs), with a strong focus on multi-stakeholder collaboration.
This is a full time position reporting to Vice President, DNS Industry Engagement.
- Lead and manage a highly talented team of global Registry Services professionals based in various locations around the globe.
- Manage the life cycle of services provided by the gTLD Registry Services department.
- Define and oversee the development of services from planning to execution, delivery and maintenance.
- Interface with technical, operational, legal and other cross-functional teams to refine existing services.
- Create and provide regular metrics to manage, measure, and report progress to key stakeholders, management, and staff.
- Achieve functional consistency and accuracy through documented functional processes and procedures.
- Be an exceptional team player and comfortable in working in a highly diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- BA or BS degree, MS or MBA preferred. Advanced degree in engineering or systems is highly desirable.
- 10+ years working in product/service management in the domain name industry.
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, organizational and procedural changes.
- and to work independently with minimal supervision on complex, non-routine issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese languages with additional languages a plus.
- Broad understanding of technical issues involving the Internet and DNS industry.
- Prior international experience is required.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Active listening skills in daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders around the globe.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.