The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to the SVP, Global Communications and the SVP, Contractual Compliance & Consumer Safeguards. The Executive Assistant ensures effective and efficient functioning of the assigned staff, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of procedures and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
• Maintain appointment schedule for multiple global executives, plan and schedule large group meetings, conferences, teleconferences, training events and webinars.
• Schedule meetings and conference calls. Set-up frequent conference calls and monitor/take minutes for calls as necessary.
• Coordinate logistics of department activities at ICANN public meetings, including SVP meetings, team meetings, meals, and other necessary requirements.
• Organize physical meetings for the executives and their teams, including booking rooms, ordering catering, providing audio visual support, note-taking and other support services as needed.
Travel / Expenses Management:
• Book travel, including lodging, flights, car service and any passport/visa requirements needed for domestic and international travel for SVPs as well as other executives as needed.
• Troubleshoot issues related to travel such as canceled flights, hotel room extensions, and other travel-related concerns.
• Prepare and submit expense reports related to travel and other day-to-day activities in a timely manner.
Budget / Contract Management:
• Coordinate finances, assist with budget preparation, including collecting data for new fiscal year budgets, tracking current spends of team throughout the year, and accruing leftover costs into the new fiscal year at the end of previous fiscal years.
• Work and train others on various ERP software systems within the organization including time management, expense/travel management, and budget/contract management.
• Prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and presentations as may be necessary, and recommend best design, layout and approach to meeting each specific need.
• Coordinate internal resources and third party vendors for execution of projects, including submitting contracting documentation using the organization’s ERP software, tracking and processing payment of invoices, and taking necessary action for contract renewal when needed.
• Answering and directing calls to appropriate executives and parties, taking messages.
• Greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate parties.
• Overseeing administrative policies within an organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate.
• Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
• Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
• Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
• Data analysis; Proficient in Access, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Perform filtering and sorting of data, V-lookup and other functions.
• Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
• Prepare and develop a records management system; maintain and recommend changes to records system when appropriate.
• Interact with customers when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to executives when they cannot be resolved for attention.
• Strong follow-up skills to keep departmental deadlines on track. Sense of urgency and willingness to help department obtain closure on deadlines. Liaise and coordinate with staff and clients to ensure tasks are carried out and delivered in a timely manner.
• College graduate or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years related administrative experience.
• 3-5 years advanced MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint experience.
• Must have excellent communication skills including fluency in English. Fluent written and spoken language skills in any of the other official United Nations languages are desirable, but not required.
• Strong organizational, project/time management and multitasking skills.