To assist in development and implementation of Contractual Compliance audits of contracted parties. This role will support ICANN Contractual Compliance audit efforts, support Continuous Improvement of existing audit programs to account for changes in Agreements and Policies and support Compliance quality programs.
- Gain understanding of Registrar and Registry agreements including ICANN Consensus policies.
- Gain understanding of current test steps in the audit program.
- Review and perform continuous improvement on the test steps based on contract or policy changes.
- Research, analyze and recommend activities to improve risk and audit function.
- Perform audit on contracted parties as needed.
- Review audit reports or deliverables to ensure quality and consistency.
- Track and report on audit activities.
- Implement contractual compliance audit strategies, plans, programs and reports.
- Oversee and manage vendor(s) contract and deliverables to support the audit program.
- Collaborate with contracted parties to remediate deficiencies.
- Support the various sourcing activities; building, issuance, reviews of the request for proposal and vendor selection.
- Perform financial projections to justify audit strategies.
- Perform program reviews and status updates with both audit firms and executive management
- Perform Risk Assessments to analyze key focus areas for concentration.
- Other duties as assigned or requested to support the overall goals.
- Preferred 5 years compliance related experience
- Preferred 5 years of audit experience, internal or external
- Technical understanding of the Internet and the Domain Name System preferred
- Preferred ability to read, write and converse in converse in at least one language other than English at a level sufficient to conduct job-related business transactions preferred
- Proven ability to compose clear reports, summaries and other written communication
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to solve and manage multiple complex issues or projects
- Ability to manage multiple resources, contractor and/or vendors
- Ability to manage multiple programs
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-directed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge and use of audit applications (example: ACL)
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Domain Industry
- Average skills in: Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent skills in: keeping track of multiple tasks and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to: Understand contracts; solid English
- General knowledge of: audit principles
- Specialized knowledge of: Excel data manipulation
- Other: basic accounting skills are desirable
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required (accounting, business, computer science, economics)
- Advanced degree such as MBA or equivalent preferred.
- CPA, CIA, CFE or other audit certifications preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years experience
- Specialized training in: accounting / audit
- Experience in: Contract interpretation