Title: Analytics Analyst
Business Unit: Central Services
Department: Research and Analytics
Reports to: Vice President
Summary of the Job
Avant Healthcare is a leader in peer-to-peer marketing for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, creating comprehensive communication strategies and plans that deliver superior medical and health education to healthcare professionals across multiple channels.
The Analytics Analyst will be responsible for the integration and analysis of data derived from program assessments and evaluations. This individual should have a working knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications along with basic experience in statistical software or applications such as SAS, SPSS, etc.
General responsibilities of this position include administration and maintenance of data—ensuring that this resource is accurate, up-to-date, and can be analyzed to reveal critical insights applicable to strategic initiatives. This individual should be able to extract critical and pertinent information from the data sets that help the cross-functional team understand program assessments.
Specific responsibilities include developing recruitment lists and goals, program assessments and evaluations, database development, and survey development and report generation that support client-based deliverables.
A successful Analytics Analyst will consistently demonstrate his or her ability to effectively integrate, interpret, and present outcomes from data sources that are accurate, actionable, and relevant to internal account teams and clients. He or she will also be team-oriented, innovative, and adaptable to client and team expectations.
- Effectively process and integrate primary and/or secondary data sources using database warehouse applications
- Develop effective quality control processes to ensure data integrity
- Develop, deploy, and process data for critical program assessments, target list identification, geographic mapping, and key opinion leader evaluations, etc
- Utilize data analytics to uncover critical business insights and findings
- Possess the aptitude to quickly learn software platforms such as Maptitude, TeleForm, Survey Pro, Snap Survey, SAS, SPSS, etc
- Partner with Senior Analytics team members to create evaluation reports and write key insights/findings presentations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either business administration, market research, operations research, statistics, database management, or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of database management
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate, synthesize, and interpret data
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Prefer an understanding of SPSS or SAS
- Business Ethics and Integrity: A commitment to conducting business according to the highest ethical standards as demonstrated by a strong knowledge of industry legal compliance guidelines, organizational ethics, and demonstration of personal ethics
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively as demonstrated by strong verbal, presentation, and technical and scientific writing skills, and a strong ability to influence and impact others through meaningful and persuasive delivery
- Continuous Quality Improvement: Applies the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to achieve continuous quality improvement as exhibited by strong accuracy, problem solving, quality management, and client-readiness behaviors
- Professionalism: Behaviors and qualities of a professional and a lifelong commitment to professional development as demonstrated by an excellent ability to manage time, work in a collaborative way, adapt to change, act in a professional manner, manage stress, and demonstrate a service orientation
- Project Management: Strong project management skills, including the ability to provide project leadership and apply applicable methodologies to manage all project stages including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing a project
- Technical Expertise: Strong knowledge of computer hardware; information, social communication, and multimedia and presentation tools; and programming languages and applications
- Vision and Innovation: Strong ability to think critically and creatively, engage in visioning, and approach business opportunities in an enterprising way