The Scoular Company has an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join our growing Specialty Crop Processing business in Saskatchewan! This role will be responsible for plant operations management, project management, engineering support, and focus on cost containment and safety. The Production Manager will work collaboratively with Facility Managers to understand all aspects of production at the facilities in Saskatchewan. The role will manage overall profit and loss goals of the operations as well as promote safe work practices.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial culture and contribute to the company's strategic approach to launch and sustain Scoular’s Specialty Crop business endeavor.
- Build a successful team and provide leadership and direction to employees to ensure competent onsite management, compliance and goal attainment.
- Turn division strategy into operational fruition through guiding and directing resources.
- Analyze revenue and operating expenses to manage daily profit and loss goals of the plants.
- Engage with Scoular stakeholders and leadership to develop and sustain this business by creating new, innovative approaches that will ensure plant profitability.
- Work with the Senior Production Manager and Safety Director to build a safety strong safety culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 5 years’ experience in plant/manufacturing operations.
- 3+ years' management experience in the commodity industry.
- Lean Manufacturing certification preferred.
- Must be ambitious and take initiative to achieve results.
- Strong communication, relationship building, and networking skills.
- Strong leadership skills to build effective teams and attract, retain and promote talent.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop successful relationships.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- A sense of urgency, creativity and a flexible approach to running the business.
- Some travel required.
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.