A 125-year old employee-owned company with nearly $6 billion in sales, Scoular’s 130+ business units provide diverse supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe. From 120 offices and facilities in North America, South America, and Asia, our 1200 employees are engaged in the business of buying, selling, storing, handling, and processing grain and ingredients as well as managing transportation and logistics worldwide.
The Scoular Company is looking for interns to join our plant operations team working to identify and implement operational changes and facility improvements. We are looking for bright, hard-working, goal-oriented individuals. Interns will be immersed in the daily operations of a grain-handling facility including: learning the basics of operational management, directing the work of facility employees, and ensuring a safe working environment.
- Learn to operate a plant safely and efficiently
- Gain experience in plant operations while supervising and guiding the daily activity of plant employees by providing assistance to the manager in regard to training and direction of personnel
- Obtain a thorough understanding of safety policies and procedures to ensure employees’ safety and protect the company’s assets
- Learn the art of developing successful customer relationships and provide outstanding service to Scoular’s customers to build a competitive and sustainable operation
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanized systems and industry equipment as well as possess a basic understanding of elevator operations
- Show initiative, energy, and customer-service orientation
- Possess effective communication skills
- Working towards a college degree, preferably in agriculture, mechanized systems, or related area
The Scoular Company is an equal opportunity employer.