ZAI has an immediate need for a Library Technician in support of the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda, Maryland. Duties include developing and maintaining reformatting digital content.
- Select, gather, track, and prepare source materials for scanning
- Inventory source materials
- Ship and receive source materials scanned or copied offsite
- Scan source materials
- Process images and metadata
- Perform QA/QC on images and metadata
- Review the condition of source materials after scanning or copying, send for repair, if needed, and return to the collection
- Attend regularly scheduled library staff meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor degree
- 1-2 years library experience, preferably with digitization projects
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
-- Knowledge of digitization and scanning software and equipment
To apply, please visit https://www.zai-inc.com/careers.