WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 37,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Building Science Consultant (New Construction/ Bulletin 19R) to join our Buildings Sciences group, located at our Oakville or Markham office. Reporting to the manager this position will be responsible for conducting site reviews and working alongside our Junior and Intermediate Engineers on projects.
If you are an aspiring Building Sciences/ Architecture professional or a Civil/ Structural Engineer looking to build a career focused in Building Science, this is an opportunity to join a collaborative, creative and highly driven team. Guided by some of WSP's most talented professionals, you will have access to strong mentors who are excited to pass on their expertise and knowledge.
You can expect to be part of engaging assignments, be challenged by the complexity of the work you do and see significant progress as you build your career with WSP. Be part of a winning team. Join us!
- Conduct construction and site reviews, monitoring progress of new building construction and compliance with project documents;
- Assist staff with reporting, as it relates to Tarion Builder Bulletin 19R (BB19);
- Apply knowledge to tasks on building science projects;
- Liaise with contractors, sub-consultants and engineering disciplines;
- Contribute to the contract administration process on projects;
- Accept responsibility for project tasks, deliverables and outcomes;
- Contribute to the knowledge systems within the building science practice;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science, Applied Science or Project/ Construction Management;
- Demonstrates a passion in building sciences and construction;
- Previous work experience in the construction or engineering industry is an asset;
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills; attention to detail and strong work ethic;
- Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PDF editing software (i.e. Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam Revu or equivalent);
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings is an asset.
- A team player, amongst energetic, successful people;
- Strong at multi-tasking, organized and adaptable to shifting priorities;
- Valid driver’s license. Access to a vehicle is an asset.