The Customer Service/Phone Sales Rep takes in-coming order calls, obtains the information necessary to process the orders, and handles inquiries and complaints ensuring that each customer receives “Extra Step” customer service.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills (will be tested)
- Legible handwriting
- Excellent verbal and written skills, clear voice
- Excellent listening and decision making skills
- Must work well with co-workers and support the Dierbergs “Extra Step” customer service philosophy
Expectations for all Dierbergs Associates:
- Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards.
- Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
- Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
- Comply with all federal, state, location regulations, and Dierbergs policies
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide “Extra Step” customer service to every customer
- Use equipment such as computer, keyboard, telephone, headset, stapler, dictionary, etc.
- Communicate floral design products, procedures, and policies for local and out-of-state orders to customers
- Place phone orders to other florists
- Contact hospitals and funeral homes to verify delivery information
- File paperwork
- Assist in rewriting cards
- Enter internet orders in system and obtain post authorization
- Assist with special projects as assigned (ex: price giftware, package and wrap arrangements, fold and staple boxes)
- Maintain department supplies (ex: cut string and place in funeral cards and envelopes)
- Lift up to 10 lbs.
- Work in building with a high level of pollen and seed spore count
- Keep work area sanitary by using company approved cleaners and equipment
- You may be cross-trained in other departments
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an associate in the position may be required to perform.