Join our team as a Floral Manager! We have floral management opportunities availabile at many of our store locations. Keep reading for more information and to apply.
As we strive to create a "Wow" customer experience, the Floral Manager works as part of the management team to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the Floral Department. This is driven by developing and building the character of the team; focusing on better execution of programs, procedures and policies; and continually working toward creating better customer experiences to help create a long-term sustainable business. The Floral Manager is responsible for maintaining the highest conditions by ensuring the department is properly stocked and merchandised, providing and ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Leads, directs and supervises Associates within the Floral Department
- Responsible for training, development and motivation of Associates to build a strong cohesive team
- Responds to and resolves Associate issues including, but not limited to, schedule concerns, job performance, accountability, and customer complaints.
- Go the Extra Step to ensure customer satisfaction and build customer loyalty
- Instill the importance of Extra Step with department Associates
- Handles, responds to and resolves customer issues and complaints
- Oversee the presentation and quality of department products
- Ensure all floral arrangements, prepared at store level, are done according to the specifications to ensure quality, consistency, portion control and profitability
- Ensures all internal controls are in place and adhered to
- Maintains Dierbergs’ standards and department conditions
- 2+ years’ experience in a floral management position
- Have a strong knowledge of floral arranging and designing
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Demonstrate strengths in the following areas: work skills, written and verbal communication, problem solving, leadership, interpersonal skills and motivation
- Strong problem solving skills to include demonstrated ability to make effective decisions, conflict management and understanding complex situations
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to motivate and inspire others and communicating care/concern for Associates and customers
- Foster a positive team environment and works well with others
- Ability to multi--task and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work a variety of shifts/hours including weekends
Expectations for all Dierbergs Associates:
- Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards. Visible tattoos must be covered and piercings, other than ears, must be removed.
- Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
- Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
- Comply with all federal, state, location regulations, and Dierbergs policies
- Work actions include standing, stooping, and bending
- Ability to be able to stand on your feet for up to eight hours
- Receive, sort, and rotate cut flowers, bouquets, and arrangements in a 36 degree cooler
- Lift buckets of flowers and other products weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Work in a high pollen and seed spore environment
- Ability to be mobile throughout the department for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate electric pallet jack, high lift, baler, hand jack and safety cutter
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an associate in the position may be required to perform.