The Floral Designer designs and creates floral, silk, and plant arrangements for all occasions while ensuring that each customer receives “Extra Step” customer service.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a retail florist as a full-time designer
- Basic reading and math skills
- Knowledge of floral design and style for all occasions
- Knowledge of cut flower identification, care, and handling procedures
- Must pass the Floral Designer Assessment
- Must work well with co-workers and support the Dierbergs “Extra Step” customer service philosophy
Expectations for all Dierbergs Associates:
- Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards.
- Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
- Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
- Comply with all federal, state, location regulations, and Dierbergs policies
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide “Extra Step” customer service to every customer
- Use equipment such as knife, foliage stripper, shears, hot glue gun, wire cutters, telephone etc.
- Work actions include standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping and squatting
- Work independently
- Design and create original floral designs
- Interpret work orders and recognize problems in an order
- Communicate with other stores and department managers
- Work in one spot for lengthy periods
- Work and stock in a 36 degree cooler
- Figure cost and price on arrangements (labor, container, and supplies)
- Work with green plants and potting soil
- Good phone communication skills
- Work in atmosphere of high pollen and seed spore count
- Work with floral chemicals and bleach
- Lift up to 30 lbs., ex. buckets of flowers, stocks cases of vases
- Keep work area sanitary by using company approved cleaners and equipment
- You may be cross-trained in other departments
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an associate in the position may be required to perform.