CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
CRISTA Ministries is seeking a team oriented, mature follower of Christ with organizational leadership experience who desires to work in an international mission focused role to steward a multiple million dollar budget and oversee the vision of transforming lives of the poor and marginalized we serve through our teams and partnerships around the world. This role will provide support to World Concern international in our headquarters office in Shoreline WA.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Lead field personnel and headquarter Operations’ staff around the vision and mission of World Concern through spiritual impact and program excellence in the fulfillment of overseas grant agreements, program/project delivery and all operational functions. Manage all aspects of field operations, organization, and personnel while representing field issues and perspectives in headquarter leadership decisions.
- Develop in conjunction with field leaders, an annual operations’ regional and country plan ensuring spiritual impact priorities, program priorities, and strategic objectives are fully incorporated into field strategies, providing monthly KPI updates to the President.
- Oversee the planning, budgeting and reporting processes for all field operations and GIK ensuring sound financial management, compliance, and control of all field related resources to meet budget objectives in every field, coordinating with the Senior Director of Finance, CRISTA Accounting, and the World Concern President.
- Lead in the establishment and implementation of procedures, processes, and systems that enable organizational spiritual priorities and program priorities are fully incorporated into field strategies and programs.
- Information Management: Oversee, develop and manage the communication system between Headquarters and the Field, maintaining the distribution of critical information to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the Programs Team through identification of grant opportunities, administrative support of proposal documents/reports, and copy editing to ensure timely, accurate submission of proposal documents and reports.
- Lead collaboration efforts through monthly meetings with headquarters’ Program, Operational, Finance and Compliance, International HR and Transformational Development.
- Coordinate, oversee, and control all field travel from HQ, managing as appropriate needs from within Resource Advancement, other Crista ministries, and external partners (Board members, churches, etc.)
- Manage the Annual International Country Director Meetings through logistic support and coordination of one week of the two week meetings in conjunction with Programs, Operations, IHR, Finance, DR/R, GIK, and Transformational Development leadership.
- Represent World Concern’s interest and programs with partner agencies, consortiums, associations, churches and others, as assigned by the World Concern President
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and country personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises the Asia Director, Africa Director, Haiti Country Director, Africa Desk Officer, Asia Desk Officer, and International Ops Admin Assistant/Office Manager
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Christian Commitment:
- Evidence of Christian faith.
- Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrate a living and mature Christ-centered life-style.
- Ability to lead spiritual development in staff and beneficiaries.
- Education: Master’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- 7 year’s relevant experience in operational and line management.
- Experience overseeing a multi-million dollar budget.
- 2 year’s minimum experience living overseas.
- Experience guiding staff to execution of organizational vision.
- Other Considerations:
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally – at least once a year to each area and also willing to travel to harsh and/or underdeveloped areas.
- Regular office environment and overtime may be required.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to be able to relate well to both headquarters and multicultural field staff.
- Experience with the full range of operational skills required by an international
- NGO including planning and reporting, budget creation and financial tracking, human resources and resource development.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and country personnel.
Software and Equipment Used: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Experience: Prior service with a like-minded organization.