Our Garden Segment is searching for a Assistant Plant Foreman in our Greenfield, MO location. Operate the fescue processing plant in a manner that will maximize the quality of clean seed and output of the processing machinery.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
Measures of Success
- Assist in the management of shift personnel to produce the best quality product possible.
- Ensure that all staff members are working safely and efficiently.
- Assess the quality of rough seed being cleaned and adjust machinery accordingly.
- Run frequent tests on clean seed to verify that all machinery is properly adjusted.
- Direct the work flow of other employees to ensure that product produced is correct and good quality.
- Repair or report machine problems immediately.
- Work closely with the coating operators to maintain quality standards of powder coated seed.
- Maintain a safe work environment as well as directing all staff to work safely and effectively.
- Properly train staff, enabling them to perform their assigned work task for the shift.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Must be able to lift/pull up to 70 pounds.
- Must complete seed training from the quality lab.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must possess good leadership qualities and the ability to direct staff as necessary to meet production goals for the shift.
- Must obtain a forklift certification and complete in-house skid loader training.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.