Our Garden Segment is searching for a Assistant Coater Operator in our Greenfield, MO location.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
Measures of Success
- Ensure that the seed coating is applied in the correct amounts and that seed is fully coated.
- Mix chemicals as needed using all required safety gear.
- Mix chemicals for other dump stations as needed using all safety gear.
- Mix and fill all chemical tanks as needed.
- Keep accurate records of chemicals used.
- Verify paperwork is accurate before it is turned in.
- Make sure that bins, coaters, dryers and conveyance systems are fully clean when changing between different types of seed.
- Clearly mark bin sheets as to what seed is in each one.
- Double check each holding bin before running seed into it and verify that it is ready for new seed. Verify that seed is going to correct bin.
- Keep track of dust bin weight for calculating waste % and track dust control system bags.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Good math skills are needed.
- Good communication skills are needed.
- Forklift certification.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with others.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.