Our Pet Segment is searching for an Accounting Supervisor in our Neptune City, NJ office. The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for all accounting functions including maintaining subsidiary and general ledgers, auditing and internal controls, analyzing financial position, preparing budgets, recording fixed assets, reconciling accounting records, reviewing journal payment vouchers, preparing tax returns, and other related accounting work. Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Responsible for month-end financial close process, including preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements, GL account analysis, and sales and margin reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of all journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Work with internal SOX and outside auditors.
- Assist in preparation of ongoing forecast and annual budget process.
- Participate in supervision of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting.
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 4 year Accounting or Business related degree required
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office application; especially Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance creativity, problem solving, and results
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.