If you have high energy, are metric driven and want to fill a key role with our Invoice to Cash (ITC) team, keep reading! Central Garden & Pet is searching for someone like you who will ensure timely collection of monies owed to the company, collections of customer delinquent Accounts Receivable balances, and resolution of customer billing issues. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the strong cash flow of Central Garden & Pet and timely shipment of product to Central Garden & Pet’s customer base.
To learn more about Central Garden & Pet, please see our website at www.central.com. Full time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Works high volume customer collection calls and/or correspondence to collect delinquent customer balances on an assigned customer portfolio
- Collections of disputed/unauthorized customer deductions
- Provides customer service regarding collection issues as it pertains to anything that a customer requests or needs to ensure payment of past due balances.
- Work and continuously monitor the order release queue where customer orders stop for review
- Ensures monthly reporting to direct supervisor with full participation in monthly aging meetings to review the status of the past due balances and aging credits for all accounts within the assigned portfolio.
- Prepare final demand letters and/or work out payment plans for customers with delinquent balances as appropriate. Coordinate the placement of accounts to 3rd party collection agencies on an as needed basis.
- Prepares customer account statements on a monthly basis.
- Processes AR transactions including offsets of debits and credits, offset on account payments against open invoices, etc.
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the ITC Department including supporting internal and external audit requests
- Maintain the integrity of the customers’ accounts and the reporting requirements of the company
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or GED required
- Self-starter that works well in a fast paced environment with firm deadlines; results oriented
- Ability to work in a heavily metric driven organization
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong follow up skills and strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and documentation, goal oriented with sound problem solving skills.
- Possess process improvement mindset with a desire to consistently look for ways to improve efficiency and service
- Accountability and reliability
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform multiple tasks effectively and adapt to a changing environment
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Other – candidate should have the highest integrity and character and possess finance experience and business sense. Must be able to follow processes and collaborate cross-functionally
- SAP or other mainframe experience preferred
- Basic understanding of internal controls including SOX requirements preferred
- Consumer products experience preferred
- 3-5 years high volume corporate collections preferred
- Experience in shared service environment preferred
- Knowledge of the mechanics of filing claims on bonds and liens preferred
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.