Program Manager, Visual Arts (12 month mat-leave coverage)
The Program Planning team within the Arts division of Banff Centre is looking for an administrative leader with exceptional project management skills to implement and execute Visual Arts programs in our artistic environment.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Artistic Program Planning, this position is accountable for the planning, promotion, delivery and evaluation of visual arts programming.
- Works with the Director, Visual Arts on the planning and design of arts programming;
- Manages all relevant and necessary stakeholders to advance the co-creation and/or design and implementation of programs;
- Communicates and manages overall goals and objectives, key milestones and outcomes, and evaluation with both internal and external stakeholders over the lifetime of programs within the coordinated program plan;
- Project management of all programs and program events, including recruitment strategies;
- Manages assigned program budgets, resource allocation (people, materials, agendas, places, partners, technology) and deliverables;
- Works closely with Program Operations to ensure the successful delivery of programs and successful performance management and mentorship of program team members;
- Develops and maintains professional, informed working relationships with faculty, participants, and relevant stakeholders;
- Acts as host for programs and ensures a significant presence throughout the program lifecycle;
- Ensures measurement and tracking of project impact and the careful analysis of this information in a timely manner, for both on-going improvement, and for funder related reporting;
- Oversight of application, adjudication and notification process.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years of proven program/project management experience, preferably within a creative or educational environment;
- University degree in an arts discipline, or related area of study;
- Strong multidisciplinary visual arts background including experience working with artists;
- Solid administration skills with an understanding of program and event marketing, promotion and production;
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills;
- Energetic self-starter who can work autonomously and within a team;
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.) skills are essential;
- The ability to formulate long and short range goals, while anticipating and responding to flexible program needs;
- Applies good management principles in an artistic environment;
- Visual Arts program management and production experience preferred.
In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a temporary, full time position until September 4, 2020, subject to a 6 month probationary period.
Working 40 hours per week, the annual salary is between $67,000-$72,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Banff Centre offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees. For more information please visit our benefits page.
Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
We are accepting applications for the Program Manager, Visual Arts until 11:59pm MT on July 29, 2019 but will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. Interviews will be scheduled the weeks of July 29 and August 5. Please include a cover letter demonstrating how your experience translates to this position and why you are interested in becoming part of our team.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its work community. If you are a foreign national please visit our International Applicants page for more information.