APOGEE is seeking an Applications Engineer in the Chantilly area.
The team is responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining the customer’s Systems Engineering business process tools to support processes to include configuration management, risk, issue and opportunity management, schedule management, architecture management, and requirements management. Provides system administrator functions for the tools. The Tools team also provides user training on systems engineering business process tools and has a large emphasis on identify opportunities to optimize systems and tool execution through automating processes, consolidating or migrating existing tools, and/or acquiring new tools.
Seeking a motivated self-starter, with software application/configuration using Rational Tool Suite (RTS) experience. The ideal candidate will be an inquisitive problem solver who excels in a collaborative environment. Candidate will support capability transition and integration of legacy applications to the RTS platform with application administration experience.
As a member of the Tools Team, the team member will be responsible for the configuration, transition and integration efforts supporting the contractors' and customers' needs using the Rational Tool Suite (RTS) application. Responsibilities include: Assess user requirements; design and configure user interfaces; perform integration testing, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies applications. The team member will provide technical guidance to management on changing trends and emerging products in the industry with the view to further improve existing technology and its application.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field (IT/Engineering/etc.)
- 2 to 4 years with BS
- Must have an active TS/SCI
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with team lead to prioritize tasks
- Well rounded working knowledge of IT concepts and best practices
- Experience analyzing software capabilities to aid tool integration
- Experience configuring software to fit customers’ requirements and processes
- Experience with coding languages (JAVA, SPARQL)
-Experience evaluating and testing COTS software functionality.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting work-flows
- Experience identifying, researching, and testing alternative solutions
- Knowledge of Agile terminology, theories and best practices
- Knowledge of Java and VBA
- Domain experience is helpful but not mandatory
- Familiarity with DOD and Intelligence Community (IC) regulations, directives, and policies a plus
• VM Ware/vSphere
• Eclipse Client
Apogee Integration is an M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Reach your peak and become an Apogee-nius! Today!