Programming Associate, Programming
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking Programming Associate for our Programming Department at the Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Programming Assoicate is responsible for the development of program schedules that increase Alhurra’s audience size and share, and by supporting the Programming department in all facets of the program acquisitions process.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Programming Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and participating in daily screening sessions to evaluate programs being considered for acquisition.
- Requesting screeners from program distributors and inform distributors of screening decisions.
- Maintaining /updating Programming Department screening database.
- Maintaining program distributor catalogs, press and publicity materials.
- Drafting internal program licensing deal memos.
- Maintaining/updating Programming Department contracts database.
- Conducting program planning research to identify special event programming opportunities.
- Writing program synopses and content descriptions.
- Assisting Programming Department management with planning of quarterly, monthly and weekly program schedules.
- Coordinating episodic program schedule plan.
- Providing program schedule plans to internal departments.
- Supporting Programming Department management with creation of promotional planning.
- Providing support to program evaluation process: reviewing acquired content for editorial standards and practices consideration; clock/break structure conformity.
Candidates are required to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in TV/Film Production and/or Journalism.
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience in television programming/production.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills. Arabic fluency also preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated editorial judgment and production skills.
- Knowledge of MENA region media audience, viewing sensibilities, media consumption trends and the competitive media environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.