Operations Manager, Production Operations
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking an Operations Manager for our Production Operations Team at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing timely technical operations support and management oversight in a fast-paced 24x7x365 news and information broadcast network environment. This position is responsible for managing and supporting Studio and Control Room Personnel.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Operations Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all Studio Control and Control room operations and facilities.
- Supervising, training, and developing all operations staff to include; scheduling, training, and performance reviews for Studio and Control room technical staff.
- Ensuring proper staffing levels are cost efficient and meet 24/7 requirements.
- Assisting Assignment Desk and Engineering in executing special events and programs.
- Ensuring consistent compliance with developed standard operational policies and procedures.
- Alerting senior management to existing or emerging technical, resource, or staff issues in a timely manner and provide recommendations for resolution as appropriate.
- Directly supporting production by filling in if required.
Candidates are required to have:
- 5-10 years’ experience television production; 4 years of supervisory experience.
- An overall understanding of the news and programming production process.
- Strong organizational skills and capable of handling multiple assignments.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- A strong sense of urgency in addressing customer requests.
- Self-starter and a team player.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Commitment to excellence and to ongoing education in broadcast and to the mastery of their craft.
- Automated Production Control room experience highly preferred
- Must be able to accommodate flexible work schedule to support 24/7 news environment, which could include overnight coverage, weekends and holidays.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent experience
- Arabic language skills are a plus
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.