METRO ATLANTA YMCA
|YMCA OF METRO ATLANTA
ECDC Education Manager
|# of openings:||2|
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
YMCA/EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT CO, LLC 101 Marietta St. NW Ste. 1100
HEAD START PROGRAM ATLANTA, GA 30303
JOB TITLE: Education Manager (Atlanta, NE)
To provide educational leadership to teachers; plan, develop, implement and coordinate the educational goals and objectives of the Head Start Performance Standards; design and monitor curriculum planning and implementation; and supervise center education staff. To assist with the oversight of program management, planning, operations, evaluation, and participation. include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Must possess the ability to respond to emergency situations, mediate conflicts and provide sound resolutions that limit exposure to the agency
• Must be able to network and serve as public relations liaison with local community agencies and establish partnerships
• Must be computer literate and be able to work flexible hours to accommodate evening meetings or training
• Effective and proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess strong leadership ability
• Must possess the ability to implement policies and procedures
• Must possess sound judgment
• Must be detail oriented
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds
• Must be computer literate
• Must be able to travel when required
• Must possess the ability to manage a budget
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Early Childhood Education environment with 3 years Management and Supervisory experience. Experience in Grant Writing.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from parents and staff,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees in this position must have the ability to:
1. Use hands with repetitive hand and wrist motions, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
2. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
3. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
4. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include;
o close vision,
o distance vision,
o peripheral vision,
o depth perception,
o ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Indoor environment, usually an office setting
• Moderate to loud noise levels
• May be required to travel and be exposed to outside conditions with varying temperatures
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Documents, one or more of which must be sighted prior to hire are:
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION IDENTIFICATION
Social Security Card State Drivers License
Certificate of U.S. Birth U.S. Passport or other approved U.S. Government documents
YMCA/Early Childhood Development Co, LLC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap or veteran's status in its employment practices.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results