Architecture49 is a fast growing architecture firm with offices across the country. The firm is forward thinking, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial. We aim to become not only the client’s consultant of choice but the employer of choice in a competitive market place.
As a key member of our A49 team, you will be actively involved in researching prospective projects, taking the lead in proposal preparation, liaising with sub-consultants and working closely with the Principals as they pursue new clients and maintain our relationship with current ones. You will assist in representing the firm at key conferences and trade shows and be perceived as the go to person for promotional material and the corporate resume.
You have excellent writing, computer and graphic skills and are able to offer objective commentary and organization overview of proposal and marketing materials. You have an interest and strong understanding in digital media marketing strategies and are familiar with positioning information on the web and social media. You are energetic, have terrific interpersonal and communication skills and are energized by working in a high energy, deadline driven environment with a variety of people. You are able to periodically travel to conferences or interviews.
As the firm grows, career advancement opportunity will be available to the ambitious candidate.
Marketing and Business Development
- Coordinate and produce proposals and marketing documents and materials for the Ontario region, with primary responsibility to build the Vancouver office and the key markets it supports. These include data entry of letters of introduction, formal responses to proposal calls as well as the graphics for proposals, brochures, advertisements, mail outs.
- Monitor procurement websites and other media for online Request for Proposals and follow up with sector leaders.
- Liaise with other A49 offices and participate in marketing and BD mtgs.
- Assist with preparation of annual marketing budget and monitoring of same.
- Organize and chair marketing meetings.
- Prepare and update proposal and prospects using database software.
- Co-ordinate and file promotional materials, including digital and photo resources.
- Manage and update the Western Canada regional project data sheets, resumes and other relevant marketing material.
- Liaise with A49 Communications department to ensure communication standards are being followed.
- Research and organize trade shows and conferences including budgets, attendance, speaking roles, sponsorships.
- Prepare trade show display and InDesign/ PowerPoint/ Prezi presentations.
- Represent the company at conference and trade show events.
- Manage project updates for the regional and national website.
- Follow-up on leads established by sector leaders and obtain proposal information for circulation and distribution. Plan proposal production and liaise with sector leaders and/ or managing principal.
- Assist in preparing “Go-No Go” evaluations including research of proposals.
- Following direction of proposal manager, assemble all materials required including contacting prime or sub-consultants and obtaining relevant information for proposals.
- Coordinate and produce proposals. “Proposal production” includes overall layout and organization of document, creation of drafts and general information, preparation of letters of introduction, co-coordinating text from various team members, as well as the design, graphics, data entry, production and final delivery of proposals.
- Lead/ and or assist in interview development strategy.
- Assist or prepare InDesign/ PowerPoint presentation for interviews.
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing
- Must have previous experience working in a demanding deadline driven team work environment.
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Prezi, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Graphic design and desk top publication skills.
- Social media tools, please specify.
- Previous experience working in an architectural/ professional services firm an asset.
- Excellent writing skills an asset
- The ideal candidate is energetic, creative, mature, poised and self-confident. They possess excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to represent the company at trade shows or other functions as well as good technical and organizational skills.
- Bilingual, preferred
- Security clearable