Architecture49 is a growing firm with promising career opportunities for talented people. Our offices, situated from coast to coast across Canada, house a diverse and accomplished group of architects, interior designers, technologists, landscape architects, and support staff, and we are always looking for new people to enrich our team.
At A49, we foster friendly, open working environments where employees can thrive on congenial collaboration. We seek meaningful projects where we can build on our focused expertise and impact the communities in which we work. We strive to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. We recognize the quality, motivation, and commitment of our employees and celebrate their achievements.
Senior Architectural Technologist
Architecture49Inc. is seeking an Senior Architectural Technologist to work in our Sudbury office. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Producing technical design and contract documents in compliance with Owner’s Statement of Requirements, in collaboration with project teams.
- Working with senior team members to validate that designs and deliverables conform to technical guidelines, code requirements and regulations.
- Provide technical design solutions for facility construction including interior and exterior assemblies.
- Coordinating with project sub-consultants.
- Providing technical mentoring and leadership to less experienced technical staff.
- Assisting with contract administration.
- Performing all other related tasks that will help accomplish the project.
- Education: Degree or diploma in architectural and building technology from an accredited North American technical college.
- Experience: 5-10 years’ working as an architectural technician for a North American architectural consulting firm.
- Character: Candidates must demonstrate the following: passion for the built environment, critical thought, personal organization, accountability, self-motivation, collaboration, attention to detail, written and spoken English proficiency, and altruistic disposition.
- Technical Awareness: Candidates must demonstrate substantial product knowledge, and an ability to detail architectural building systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as a team member, and take direction well
- Ability to be self-motivated / take initiative and to think independently
- Ability to work well under pressure with time constraints
- Preference given to candidates with:
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and Revit
- Contract Administration experience
- Construction site review experience