WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate Engineer to join our Building Science team, located in our Nanaimo, British Columbia office in a permanent full-time role. This position will report to the Director.
- Perform property condition assessments.
- Supervise CAD design in the creation of construction-related drawings; generate appropriate technical specifications, and write reports for new construction and rehabilitation projects.
- Prepare building investigation reports, and construction documents
- Participate in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, and other consultants.
- Conduct building investigations and field reviews to determine design and repair options
- Perform invasive investigations, which may include ladder work, tool operation, working at heights, working in confined spaces, and making field measurements
- Prepare site visit reports, documenting observations and field-testing results
- Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems
- Contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client base
- Manage remediation projects, including contract administration, progress meetings, and technical review.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
What's great about living in Nanaimo Island?
What's great about living in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island? Nanimo and the surrounding communities offer access to all kinds of outdoor adventure and sport activities such as sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, hiking, camping and surfing! Nanaimo is affordable and within 2 hours you can be in Vancouver or Victoria.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 45,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every single day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly meaningful work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Are you a passionate engineer interested in working on challenging, dynamic, and diverse projects in a global company?
- Do you want to influence and guide and coordinate with various internal disciplines to ensure the successful completion of state of the art projects?
- Are you passionate about growth opportunities and exposure to leading practices within a growing, global multinational firm?
- University Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Building Science, or an equivalent discipline
- An intermediate level of related experience in the field of Building Science, specifically building envelope assessment and restoration, and building envelope design and field review for new construction.
- Registered or eligible for registration in EGBC as a licensed Professional Engineer
- Knowledge of building materials and construction processes for repairing building envelopes, cladding systems, roofs, and parking structures
- Ability to gather and diagnose information, interpret data and drawings
- A team player who thrives on working with other successful, energetic people
- Excellent communicator, with strong verbal and written skills
- Skill in use of building science analytical software such as WUFI, THERM or similar packages is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and AutoCAD are considered essential
- Experience in Consulting Engineering or a related field is an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every single day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
WSP Canada Inc.