WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
CANADA - ANY MAJOR CITY
As the Environment Business Line Executive, this role provides leadership and strategic direction for the business line nationally which represents almost 1,200 employees. Primary responsibilities include optimizing client service, people engagement, business development, safety, project delivery, quality, and the financial performance of the business line. Delivering net revenue of almost $135M in 2018, Environment represents one of the largest Canadian business portfolios for WSP Canada. This role ensures coordination of efforts across the country and other business lines, and develops strategic plans, programs and organizational objectives to grow the business and ensure client satisfaction. All activities are undertaken in support of the WSP Canada strategic plan.
- Develops the business line growth and business development strategy in collaboration with the president & CEO, chief operating officer, chief development officer, and market sector managers, both within and outside the business line.
- Provides leadership by communicating the strategy and engaging all business line employees in achieving the objectives of the business line.
- Leads and oversees the implementation of the strategic plan and its objectives for the business line.
- Responsible for optimizing the performance of the business line’s financials, including revenue generation, project margin, staff utilization, DSO, and general administration costs.
- Forecasts the business line’s financial performance, ensures accurate budgeting, revenue recognition and preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual forecasts.
- Certifies financial results for the business line.
- Serves as WSP’s industry leader in the business line and proactively develops key relationships within the industry.
- Builds relationships with key clients, funding sources, industry organizations, teaming partners, and stakeholders to identify opportunities and grow the business.
- Responsible for managing and developing employees in accordance with WSP guiding principles, the performance management program and the job architecture and job family structure.
- Attracts, develops and retains industry leaders and prominent technical specialists to strengthen the WSP brand and performance.
- Collaborates with peers nationally and in other geographies to leverage technical expertise, ensure client satisfaction and implement best practices.
- Allocates business development resources and investments to deliver industry leading returns on the business development investments, aligned with the business line strategy and its backlog and sales targets.
- Directs market research teams and anticipates opportunities and trends to determine key business line investment priorities and capture strategies for key pursuits.
- Defines commercial terms and mitigates risks during the pursuit process.
- Enables client coordination and cross-selling efforts across all WSP business lines in coordination with market sector managers business development managers.
- Provides guidance and direction to market sector managers to ensure operational, technical and project delivery excellence.
- Ensures that WSP programs of safety and ethics and compliance are an overriding part of the organizational culture.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or other technical discipline.
- Significant experience managing in the engineering or related sector, with at least 10 years of management experience at the senior-most level of a leading multidisciplinary firm in the market.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically address growth opportunities and articulate evolving priorities in the market.
- A strong and sustained history of delivering quality financial performance and results.
- A proven track record of developing business with existing and new clients, as well as experience in interfacing with municipal, provincial, and federal agencies, and the private sector.
- Seen as a leader in the industry with a high and positive credibility factor.
- Confidence to influence a high caliber team to drive a business to higher performance levels and seize the opportunities that the market presents.
- Advanced people and leadership skills to effectively manage relationships which may be indirect to achieve consensus, direction and achievement of results.
- A track record of creating a climate where people want to do their best through working collaboratively, empowering teams to identify and solve problems, creating a clear sense of identity with the company, and holding teams accountable for meeting their collective goals.
- A strong reputation for uncompromising integrity.
- Demonstrated good judgment balanced with informed risk taking.
- Highly professional with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with matrix management models.
- The ability to successfully lead with little direction to meet organizational goals.
- A champion of technical innovation, knowledge management and sharing.
- Bilingualism in English and French is a key asset.