GREATER TORONTO AREA (GTA)
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Control Specialist to join our Structural department for a project specific role located at Pearson Airport.
- Provide project controls services, including baseline schedule development, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools. Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis)
- To support the project management team with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identiﬁcation and opportunities for improvement
- Support program integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, and project controls best practices.
- Monitor and control program compliance in respect to the projects contractual obligations
- Ensuring the Projects control support to the project management team to product weekly/ monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances
- Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project
- Responsible for project invoicing, value of work, accounts receivable and accruals;
- Report performance and progress through analytical techniques to validate cost, schedule and overall performance
- Validates that Project Information is collected, maintained and stored in accordance with the GTAA requirements and particular Project circumstances.
- Support the project team with project related activities and administration
- Promote GTAA values and standards
- A University Degree in Engineering, Planning or equivalent, with 5+ years of direct experience. Experience within an engineering consulting environment is preferred;
- Experience with complex transportation infrastructure
- Familiarity with all commonly used project delivery models;
- Strong business development and client management skills, including sound understanding of contract law, scheduling techniques, and budget development;
- Experience in project planning, risk management, cost management and schedule management, and methods of analyzing and reporting project performance on financial and other KPIs;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including experience making presentations to senior management, elected officials and the public;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear, concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and staff;
- Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and decision making skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- Negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests;
- Proficiency with project management software tools.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.