Location: Denmark or Sweden
Tesla’s Mobile Service Managers are the leaders of our remote Mobile service teams and Direct line of support for our Local Mobile Service Teams. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional on location service experience to our customers, developing team members, managing day-to-day Mobile operations, and preparing Mobile service to meet the needs of our customers. We are looking for someone who wants to run our Mobile service business and be a part of a revolutionary and unprecedented part of history here at Tesla, as we transform the way we provide service to our customers.
Our Mobile Service Managers must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
- Customer focused: Our customers are changing the world, and it is your responsibility to exceed their expectations of what a service experience should be. We expect you to exude energy and enthusiasm not only by going above and beyond for our existing customers, but also because your team will be the ambassadors of Tesla in the communities you serve, working in high visibility environments and representing the Tesla brand every single day. You will actively monitor customer service trends to make necessary improvement, and assist the team in developing standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall service experience. The ideal candidate is solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify root cause of problems and develop solutions when faced with adversity.
- People: Our Mobile Service Managers are people developers, thus should possess the ability to inspire. We expect you to be 100% committed to the success of your team, and actively involve yourself in your team member’s growth and development. Your team will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We will look to you, and your ability to coach and teach, to build a team of top talent and mentor the next generation of Tesla leaders. You will be expected to provide regular coaching, feedback, and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities - a unique and exciting challenge with a remote team. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every single day, no matter where they may be.
- Operational Excellence: As a Mobile Service Manager, you must understand and own every aspect of your team’s performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team results and customer service. You will be responsible for identifying, understanding and acting upon unique opportunities in your region and working with the Mobile Service Program managers to capitalize on them. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions.
- Financials: Mobile Service Managers are expected to understand our business, know their numbers and lead the teams’ daily operations to achieve specific goals in quality, productivity, output, and overall cost.
Our Mobile Service Managers act in the best interest of Tesla by demonstrating sound judgement. You must have a passion for our mission, our people, and our customers.
- Technical acumen is required – you must develop a knowledge of all Tesla Products, as well as service systems, processes, and procedures.
- Travel – Our Mobile Service Managers are responsible for multiple employees in multiple locations making travel a requirement for this position.
Attitude and approach is everything. You must:
- Be a leader and a team player
- Take ownership, and create a culture of accountability
- Love to change the status quo and work well in high pressure situations. Exceptional prioritization and time management skills are essential for success
- Be strategic and proactive. You must think and plan ahead to give your team the tools they need to be successful
- Be Self-aware, flexible and open minded
- Possess a rare combination of mental agility, analytical thinking, hands on problem solving, and a customer service mindset
- Be an advocate for your customers and your team. Your success depends on theirs
- Be authentic, be real!
- Educational experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Professional experience: Prior leadership experience in a service focused industry. Automotive expertise not necessarily required
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities
- Process / operations experience: Strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a fast paced, technology driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities. Experience running complex processes using lean or other techniques.