Tesla’s Assistant Service Managers are assistant leaders of our service teams. In this role, you will be responsible, along with the Service Manager, for delivering an impeccable service experience to each and every Tesla customer while preparing Tesla Service teams to meet the needs of our Model 3 customers and beyond.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- The Assistant Service manager will report to and work closely with the Service Manager to uphold and improve all aspect of the service center.
- Our Assistant Service Managers must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
- Customer focused: Our customers are changing the world, and it is your responsibility to exceed their expectations of what a service experience should be. We expect you to go above and beyond for our customers. You will actively monitor customer service trends to make necessary improvements, and assist your team in developing appropriate standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall service experience.
- People: Our Assistant Service Managers lead by example. We expect you to put your team’s success before your own, and actively involve yourself in your team members’ growth and development. Your team will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We will look to you to help build a team of top talent. Our Assistant Service Managers are the coaches of their teams – you must provide regular coaching and feedback, and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.
- Operational excellence: As Assistant Service Manager, you must understand and own every aspect of your service center’s performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions.
- Financials: Assistant Service Managers are expected to understand our business, know their numbers and lead the center’s daily operations to achieve specific goals in productivity, quality, output, cost as well as revenue / margin where applicable.
- Our Assistant Service Managers act in the best interest of Tesla at all times. You must have a passion for our mission, our people, and our customers.
- Technical acumen is required – you must develop a knowledge of all Tesla products, as well as Service systems, processes, and procedures.
- Attitude and approach is everything. You must:
- Be a leader and a team-player.
- Continuously challenge status quo and work well in high-pressure situations. Exceptional prioritization and time management skills are essential for success.
- Be strategic and proactive. You must think and plan ahead to give your team the tools they need to be successful.
- Be self-aware, flexible and open-minded.
- Possess a rare combination of analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset.
- Be an advocate for your customers and your team. Your success depends on theirs.
- Educational experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Fluent in English and local language(s).
- Professional experience: Prior leadership experience in a service-focused industry. Automotive expertise is not required.
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities.
- Process / operations experience: experience leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities. Experience running complex processes using Lean or other techniques.