SUMMARY OF PROGRAM/PROJECT
The National Eye Institute (NEI) Office of Administrative Management (OAM) provides operations management and administrative support for research including services related to human resources, travel, acquisitions, property management, information technology, budget and accounting, management analysis, and workspace maintenance. NEI/OAM plans to conduct an extensive process analysis and overhaul to increase consistency, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
Our overall corporate technology solutions emphasize the new generation of Digital Process Automation tools, include Automated Workflow Platforms, Robotic Process Automation, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Data Integration Platforms, Internet of Things (IoT), Blockchain Distributed Ledger Technology, Cloud and Mobility Services, Digital Workforce Applications and other advanced technology solutions.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Duties and Responsibilities):
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Requirements Analyst to join our team in Fairfax, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Technatomy Corporation.
- Meet directly with customers / stakeholders to understand, gather and document their business process workflows and business requirements.
- Facilitate review of requirements and negotiate specific scope items to ensure delivery of services meets the needs of all stakeholders.
- Work with project stakeholders, product owners, and Agile developers to support and maintain the Product Backlog
- Attend backlog grooming sessions with technical and business stakeholders and the daily stand-up meetings
- Understand and apply Agile development methodology as it applies to requirements management
- Understand the context of the user’s processes and specific user problems or needs
- Perform analysis of the user process, problems, and needs
- Based on the analysis, document as-is business processes, identify gaps, and develop to-be business processes
- Based on the analysis, identify and document business requirements and Product Backlog Items (PBIs)
- Work with the technical team to develop technical solutions for the identified business requirements
- Evaluate legacy and competing solutions to identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Document system requirements based on the identified technical solution
- Facilitate reviews of requirements to get approval on the documented requirements
- Prepare instruction and process manuals
- Support engineering team to effectively test software applications
- Evaluate procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure they are up to date and reflect newly adapted practices.
- Participate in usability studies to understand current user experience and identify problems
- Conduct research and analysis to understand cause, effects, and impact of system problems
- Interview users and perform research to gather user needs, problems, and requirements to understand goals
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Experience gathering requirements for software applications and integrating systems in a Federal government contracting environment
Ability to communicate well within cross-functional teams and to be the bridge between technical teams and business stakeholders
Ability to lead meetings independently
Strong collaborator able to contribute to a variety of tasks
Strong focus on delivering quality work and close attention to detail
Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
Experience with testing software applications
Good written and verbal interpersonal skills to build relationships with users, customers, and intersecting organizations
Good analytical skills
Master MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and other office tools.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
- Preferred: At least two years of experience supporting NIH or similar Health agency
Education (Minimum Requirements):
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Science degree with 5 years overall experience and two years of requirements gathering and documenting experience
Technatomy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Technatomy Corporation to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.