Senior Public Health Evaluation Advisor
Job title: Senior Public Health Evaluation Advisor
Location: Based in Maseru
Primary Manager: Associate Director, Public Health Evaluations
The EGPAF/Lesotho Senior Public Health Evaluation Advisor will work in the research department under the Director of Public Health Evaluations to advance the Foundation goals of advancing research that enhances prevention, care and treatment of HIV in women, children and families, with the ultimate goal of eliminating pediatric HIV. He/she is responsible for the conduct of research from concept development, study design, protocol development, study staff training, implementation, data management, data analysis and manuscript preparation. S/he will work in close collaboration with Technical Services and Strategic Information and Evaluation teams in Lesotho, study sponsors, and technical staff at HQ to design and conduct research studies relevant to EGPAF program and technical needs and priorities.
The Advisor, under the supervision of the Director of Public Health Evaluations, will contribute to capacity building through supervision, training and mentoring of junior evaluation staff, and will regularly communicate with local and US-based investigators on the progress of research, and conduct of research studies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop evaluation protocols to assess key outcomes of EGPAF’s HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in Lesotho
- Draft and revise data collection tools, SOPs and other study related documents and coordinate the initial and periodic review of all study tools and SOPs
- Coordinate and administer program evaluation and assessment in accordance with approved protocols; including providing oversight and direct supervision of evaluation study staff training, data collection, data cleaning, storage and implementation of relevant SOPs.
- Liaise with relevant District Technical Advisors (DTAs) and other EGPAF staff at evaluation sites for successful implementation of the evaluations, as well as, develop and maintain partnerships and networks with other District and Health Facility managers in EGPAF evaluation study districts/sites to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Develop and maintain regular communication and collaboration with local and international investigators, the Lesotho Ministry of Health, and sponsor institutions, with the aim of providing timely updates to all relevant stakeholders
- Periodically conduct internal evaluation study monitoring and auditing of evaluation study documentation to ensure compliance of the data collectors to the evaluation protocol, SOPs and regulatory requirements, and make appropriate recommendations to the Director of Public Health Evaluations on the status of the evaluation.
- Participate in capacity building by mentoring and teaching other junior staff important aspects of research and evaluations, including development of staff skills on writing research protocols, abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
- Review, analyze, interpret evaluation data and disseminate findings through publication in international journals and presentation of abstracts in national and international scientific meetings in line with EGPAF policies and donor requirements
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Public Health Evaluations
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Epidemiology
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of operations/ implementation research and program evaluations.
Skills knowledge and abilities
- Strong writing skills and ability to develop protocols for research, abstracts and manuscripts for publication
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while working as part of a team.
- Computer competency including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Excellent communication skills
Employee`s Signature: Date:
Supersisor`s Signature: Date