JOB TITLE: Site Manager
Directly Reports To: Program Manager-Mbarara
This Clinic Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the HIV clinic and liaising with the health facility in-charge/Hospital Director to support the provision of the integrated health services at the health facility. S/he will ensure that the services are provided in a high quality, patient-centered manner, resulting in excellent patient and fiscal outcomes. The Site Manager will work in close collaboration with the Director of the unit, Medical Director and the District Based Teams Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in the provision of clinical care to patients; streamline processes and systems for service provision and improve the overall quality of integrated health services.
- To provide leadership at the health facility level to implement the project health service integration model, priorities and strategies.
- To pull and coordinate the provision of technical support from the project technical team.
- Responsible for staffing activities in coordination with the HR department such as supervising, performance management etc.
- Act as direct administrative supervisor for clinic staff. Coordinate with hospital management/HIV clinic leadership in ensuring routine operation of the HIV clinic and maintaining a smooth working relationship between EGPAF and the hospital administration.
- Analyze productivity and time management of providers to improve cost effectiveness of clinic.
- Work with staff to ensure that the data is captured and entered accurately and consistently within the primary data tools and electronic medical records.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the HIV clinic including addressing facility problems as they arise in collaboration with health facility in-charge/Medical Director, resolving staffing issues as appropriate, submitting cash and expenditure requests to finance, coordinating staff support for facility issues, orienting new staff to space, resolving client complaints, and coordinating facility needs such as ordering supplies etc.
- Monitor client/patient files, records, and other documentation, with clinic staff for adherence to best practice and MOH requirements.
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with hospital management, district leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Build ongoing relationships with other service providers in community and district to strengthen client referrals and follow up.
- Facilitate weekly clinic staff meetings and multi-disciplinary team staffing; and coordinate review and management of complex clients with specialist within Mbarara regional referral hospital and the project technical team.
- Participate periodically in the provision of technical support to health workers at the project supported health facilities within Mbarara district.
- Provide continuous guidance and improvement of the quality of the integrated health services by regular application of quality improvement and Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems approaches.
- Provide leadership in development of health facility work plan and budget.
- Assists in identifying, documenting, disseminating and scaling up best practices in integrated health services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A medical degree and a Master’s degree in internal medicine, Pediatrics or Public Health or other clinical discipline.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in HIV/AIDS prevention, care & treatment.
- Hands-on knowledge and skills in provision of HIV prevention, care and treatment; MNCH, nutrition and family planning.
- Practical experience in working with health systems at the district level.
- Sound understanding of current issues and developments in the field of HIV/AIDS and especially pediatric and adult ART, PMTCT and HCT.
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking. Good verbal communication and writing skills.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point.