Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
JOB TITLE: Technical Advisor for Differentiated Service Delivery
LOCATION: Ministry of Health, Kampala
The Technical Advisor for Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) reports to the Program Manager STD/AIDS Control Program with a dotted line to the EGPAF Country Director.
The Technical Advisor will be seconded to the Ministry of Health (MOH). The incumbent will be the point of contact for Differential Service Delivery and will work closely with the National ART, HIV Testing Services (HTS) and PMTCT Coordinators, the Quality Assurance Department and the Health Education and Promotion Division (HEP) of Ministry of Health. He/she will undertake the various duties designated to him/her including development of policy guidelines, training materials and standards for HIV/AIDS care in general but with a special focus on DSD models of care.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to MOH for the implementation of DSD
- Work closely with the National ART, HTS, PMTCT Coordinators and HEP Division of MOH in the development of DSD policy guidelines, implementation guidelines/manual, training materials, job aides and standards for HIV/AIDS care in general with a special focus on differentiated service delivery
- Lead the planning and phased roll out of DSD models of care including: capacity building of health care workers (HCW) and Community ART Support Agents (CASA), implementation, monitoring, mentorships and technical support supervision to the Implementing Partners (IPs), Districts and health facilities
- Coordinate DSD activities across all IPs and districts
- Provide technical assistance to MOH on the supply chain management for DSD implementation across all levels
- Provide technical assistance to MOH and ensure quality improvement initiatives are mainstreamed into DSD models of care
- Guide MOH on implications of DSD on program M&E and data management /reporting systems
- Support knowledge management and operations research initiatives on DSD
- Promote the documentation of best practices and lessons learned that can be shared at subnational, national and international fora
- Participate in DSD related stakeholder meetings
- Write high-level summary progress reports for stakeholder updates
- Perform other duties to support the program as assigned
Required Qualifications and Job Experience
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degree. A Master’s in Public Health or related qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in planning and implementing HIV/AIDS prevention, control and case management.
- Experience working/collaborating with Ministries of Health and other Implementing Partners on the implementation of technically sound public health programmes, including HIV, prevention, care and treatment interventions
- Practical experience in working with health systems at the district level
- Sound understanding of current issues and developments in the field of HIV/AIDS and especially PMTCT, ART and HTS
- Experience with PEPFAR - supported projects is an added advantage
- Prior experience coordinating HIV & AIDS quality improvement initiatives is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work in a team (good team player)
- Knowledge in management and delivery of health care services, including integrated models of health care, and the development of programs to facilitate the empowerment of people and the community
- In-depth knowledge in health care operations research and formulating project proposals
- Knowledge and skills in the formulation of technical cooperation interventions and in the development of criteria for evaluating program interventions and evaluations with emphasis on health care services.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the development of reports
- Excellent training and mentorship/coaching skills
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer