Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric Aids Foundation
JOB TITLE Technical Advisor - TB
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Services
The Technical Advisor-TB report to Director Clinical Services
To offer technical support, monitor and evaluate delivery of TB and TB/HIV collaborative and integration activities in accordance with NTLP and national HIV/AIDS policies and standards.
Core Duties and Responsibilities :
- Liaises with Ministry of Health and other institutions involved in TB and HIV/AIDS care services
- Participates in the formulation, review and recommendation of national guidelines/protocols and policies on TB, TB/HIV service delivery
- Provides TB and TB/HIV technical support and guidance to the district based officers district health teams and the community based groups like CBOs etc.
- Participates in organizing regular technical updates/review meetings for TB/HIV to the RHITES-SW project staff
- Provides continuous guidance and improvement of the quality of the TB/HIV program by regular application of quality improvement and Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems approaches.
- Develop and scale up change packages that addressing the gaps and challenges in the TB program.
- Participates in development of guidelines and protocol for delivery of TB and TB/HIV services and recommends standards to be used in the provision of clinical services to TWG (s).
- Participates in the STAR SW planning and budgeting activities, especially in regard to TB/HIV services
- Recommends performance indicators for monitoring and evaluating TB, TB/HIV services
- Prepares SOPs to be used by the medical personnel in planning and institutionalizing clinical services.
- Recommends and disseminates up-to-date clinical services delivery guidelines and protocols for TB and TB/HIV services
- Monitors and evaluates the delivery of TB, TB/HIV services, and recommends necessary follow-up actions.
- Recommends/Identifies training needs on TB and TB/HIV in the supported districts
- Provides on-the-job training and updating of skills of STAR SW and District Staffs
- Prepares periodic reports on TB, TB/HIV activities in the region, Reports on Clinical services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Medical Degree and/or Master’s in Public Health
- Post graduate training in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Public Health
- 5 years of relevant working experience in area of TB/HIV program planning and implementation
- Training in TB/HIV Management
- Training of trainer skills
- HIV/AIDS Knowledge
- Good knowledge of the district health system.
- Knowledge of National HIV/AIDS policies
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
Please confirm your acceptance of this Job by signing of this Job Description.
By signing and dating this letter below, I accept this Job Description with Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation: