Regional Leader – Sport & Entertainment
Architecture49 is a growing firm with promising career opportunities for talented people. Our offices, situated from coast to coast across Canada, house a diverse and accomplished group of architects, interior designers, technologists, landscape architects, and support staff, and we are always looking for new people to enrich our team.
At A49, we foster friendly, open working environments where employees can thrive on congenial collaboration. We seek meaningful projects where we can build on our focused expertise and impact the communities in which we work. We strive to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. We recognize the quality, motivation, and commitment of our employees and celebrate their achievements.
Architecture49Inc. is currently seeking a Regional Leader to work out of our Vancouver office. This position will focus on the Sport & Entertainment sector and be responsible for the following:
- Lead Sport & Entertainment in the Region and be part of the office leadership team
- Work with the Managing Principal and national Sport and Entertainment Leader to create a long-term strategic plan to develop and meet market and target client goals
- Assume leadership of our existing body of work with strong clients, and a team of talented architects working on sport and entertainment projects
- Validate that designs and deliverables conform to guidelines, code requirements and other regulations
- Attend design team meetings
- Attend project sites for assessment and construction observation
- A degree or diploma in architecture from an accredited institution
- Must be a Registered Architect and able to become Architect AIBC, if registered in another jurisdiction.
- 10+ years of experience in sport and entertainment architecture.
- Strong sport and entertainment experience in Western Canada, especially British Columbia
- An extensive background in sport and entertainment planning and design
- Experience with multiple delivery models including design-build, P3, and design-bid-build in Western Canada, especially British Columbia
- Experience as an account or client manager, including financial management
- Strong listener, genuinely interested in people, and able to build followership among teammates and clients, alike
- Track record of developing new business and relationships with sport, recreation, and entertainment clients
- A collaborative work-style
- An effective verbal and written communicator –people understand your ideas, and the way you share them
- A good mentor – the people that you work with feel that you have their best interests at heart
- A resourceful and creative problem solver, motivated and energetic
- Informed and participate in the drivers and ideas impacting the current and future sport and entertainment industry
- Have fun while you work