INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ASSISTANT
For over 50 years, IQAir has been a leader in improving indoor air quality in residential, commercial and institutional markets. IQAir’s vision is to assist people
in living longer, healthier lives by providing products and services to help them breathe cleaner, healthier air. For our North American headquarters, located in
La Mirada, California, we have an immediate opening for an Intellectual Property Assistant
This position will be on the front lines protecting the IQAir Intellectual Property and the IQAir ® brand. Reporting to the Compliance Manager and working closely with the corporate team, the Intellectual Property Assistant will assist with the day-to-day intellectual property enforcement, docketing and assisting with patents, copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property, both directly and through foreign counsel. Will provide daily enforcement support and assistance in relation to brand misuse and infringements worldwide.
- Demonstrably high standards of integrity, honesty and ethics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and be able to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent investigative and research skills
- Docketing skills
- Attention to detail, order and accuracy
- Assist with the monitoring and analysis of the IQAir brand and other related on-line marketplaces
- Monitoring ASINs, Brand Registries and anti-counterfeiting enforcements
- Assist in filing and/or enforcement of patents, trademarks, and copyrights and related tasks.
- Prepare and file trademark and copyright and take-down requests.
- Monitor and maintain company intellectual property docketing and enter all due dates and reminder dates as appropriate into docket databases. Annotate all entries as appropriate. Create reports.
- Provide administrative support, including document creation and information organization and process, manage, and docket incoming/outgoing communications in connection with the firm's intellectual property files.
- Perform investigative and/or factual research.
- Prepare infringement investigation fact summaries, reports and update spreadsheets and files.
- Assist in the preparation of required paperwork for all U.S. and foreign filings, assist in maintaining patents and trademark registrations by attending to maintenance and annuity fee payments, and provide administrative support as required.
- Follow deadlines, send extension orders, entry into the national phase, EP validations, examination requests, and granting fees.
- Prepare power of attorney forms, inventor declarations and assignments.
- Manage client communications and file records.
- Attention to detail in reviewing and identifying data with accuracy is essential.
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy.
- Follow up to ensure receipt of fully-executed agreements from appropriate parties, including file maintenance.
- Assist in tracking expiration dates, filing deadlines, and calendaring.
- Input and search for documents from legal contracts databases.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- IP experience with online marketplaces worldwide
- One to three years of experience with a law firm, government, or corporate legal department with an emphasis on investigation and enforcement of patents, trademarks, copyrights and prosecution (US and foreign)
- Familiarity with current IP docketing procedures
- Experience with IP platforms such as MarkMonitor, Anaqua, Docket Track and/or CPI
- Knowledge of patent, trademark and copyright law
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent online research and investigation skills
- Thorough knowledge of IP legal terminology, principles and practices
- Thorough knowledge of legal and business communication principles and practices
- Conversational in German and/or Chinese language preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- able and willing to pass a pre-employment drug and background screen
May be required to attend and participate in professional development activities both in and outside the company to stay abreast of new developments and best practices.
What IQAir offers
- Work in a small, flexible international team
- Extensive on the job training and professional development
- Company with a strong value system
- 50 year history of excellence
- A competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- medical, dental & vision
- 401K Plan with company match
- On-site gym
- A slide!
- Weekly catered lunches
and much more!