WRITER / COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
For over 50 years, IQAir has been a leader in improving indoor air quality in residential, commercial and institutional markets. IQAir’s vision is to assist people
in living longer, healthier lives by providing products and services to help them breathe cleaner, healthier air. For our North American headquarters, located in
La Mirada, California, we have an immediate opening for a Writer / Communications Specialist.
The Writer works as a member of the Marketing Communications team to develop and implement written content for use in various communication channels. Participates in team development of messaging and message delivery strategy. Creates content for various communication channels by writing, copy editing, writing of product and division specific press materials as needed.
- Talent and passion for sharing stories about new science and technology inventions, and the people that invent them
- Exceptional ability to read about and listen to technical descriptions and concepts, understand them and turn them into compelling written stories for a broad, general audience
- High ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- Team oriented with excellent communication skills
- Writes copy for the Marketing Communications team. Projects include: Blog articles and landing pages for inbound marketing campaigns, customer emails, preparing FAQs and P&Ps for various communications processes, support and announcements for corporate projects, etc
- Writes science-oriented blog articles on Indoor Air Quality geared for residential and commercial customers and prospects.
- Writes technical case studies, interpreting complex technology issues into simple concise language
- Writes and edits technical brochure content for Marketing and Sales literature for residential and commercial customers and prospects.
- Writes social media content. Monitors social media as requested (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and posts comments and replies in accordance with company Social Media policy
- Edits and copy edits content for adherence to Associated Press Style and company-specific style guidelines
- Supports the Corporate Communications team by tracking and reporting on communications projects in Wrike
- Inputs approved text in Drupal 8 and performs other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Science, Public Health or a related field with a focus on writing, or a Communication, Marketing degree with a focus on writing about technology and science.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a blog or long-form content writer with interactive/ad agencies, manufacturers of science based products or service or organizations focused on science and technology.
- Exceptional writing skills, including error-free use of grammar, vocabulary and punctuation.
- Practical and strong demonstrated working knowledge of AP Stylebook as it relates to written communications
- Exceptional portfolio of written content focused on technology and science stories, demonstrating the ability to communicate difficult and abstract technical concepts, in a simple and approachable manner, through polished, professional grade content, regardless of style and approach.
- Experience with content posting to web sites, blogs, email newsletters and on social media
- Proficient in the use of Google Apps; Knowledge of Wrike and Drupal 8 preferred, but not required
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug and background screen.
May be required to attend and participate in professional development activities both in and outside the company to stay abreast of new developments and best practices.
What IQAir offers
- Work in a small, flexible international team
- Extensive on the job training and professional development
- Company with a strong value system
- 50 year history of excellence
- A competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- medical, dental & vision 100% subsidized for team member
- 401K Plan with company match
- On-site gym
- A slide!
- Weekly catered lunches
and much more!