The Dental Hygienist is responsible for providing general dentistry care to patients including but not limited to cleanings, debridement, hand scaling, and instruction in proper dental hygiene.
The Role: This project site is located at the U.S. Army Garrison Hospital on the island of Kwajalein Atoll. The hospital serves more than 1,400 residents, which include military personnel, Army Civilians, contractors, and family members. Kwajalein is home to one of the world’s largest coral atolls and surrounds one of the largest lagoons in the world. Kwajalein’s year round warm, sunny weather supports a variety of activities, such as scuba diving, sport fishing, sailing, and water skiing. Kwajalein also boasts entertainment areas like a movie theater, bowling alley, gym, and small shopping areas. Bicycles are the primary mode of transportation on the island.
- Routine cleanings; removing tartar, plaque and stains, applying sealants and fluoride and taking and developing X-Rays.
- Potentially placing and carving filling materials, temporary fillings and periodontal dressings.
- Maintaining accurate patient records including the proper tracking of treatment plans.
- Instructing patients on proper hygiene techniques to improve upon their oral health.
- Documenting all patient care provided as well as any follow up care that may be required.
- Utilizing various computer software to log patient information and access emails and calendars.
- Active participation in day to day office activities, including a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve procedural processes, obtain approvals, and remain abreast of new developments and policy requirements.
- Active participation in Mass Casualty exercises and events.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Dentistry.
- Must have completed a dental hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental
- Accreditation (CODA).
- Must hold current Dental Hygienist license.
- Certification in Radiography as required by 42 CFR, Part 75.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Proficiency in English both in reading and writing.
Other Special Qualifications:
- Must be able to read, write & speak English to effectively communicate
- This position is unaccompanied.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident Card is required.
- US DOD NACI or the ability to obtain one is required.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Garrison - Kwajalein Atoll.
- A valid passport is required and must be in your possession prior to relocation. You must maintain a current passport during your stay on Kwajalein Atoll.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- W ork involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
- May require bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs
International SOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.