FirstLine Schools: After-School Coordinator (part time)
Creating and inspiring great open admissions public schools in New Orleans
About FirstLine Schools
In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans. FirstLine now operates four K-8th grade schools and a high school. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans. We do this by:
- Ensuring college and career readiness for all students, as demonstrated by achievement, aspiration, love of learning, and confidence
- Providing a rich variety of education experiences to nurture our students’ character, health, and active citizenship
- Developing the skillfulness of our team members
- Building a sustainable organization that facilitates our long-term success
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
The main objective of the Wheatley After-School Coordinator is to coordinate the programming and safety procedures to ensure Wheatley students, who stay after school, have a safe and enjoyable experience. The after-school coordinator is the after-school program liaison between the school and the students, teachers, volunteers, partner organizations, and families. The hours required for this position is 4:00pm-6:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Oversees student participation in all after-school programming, including sports teams, clubs, tutoring, and after-care.
- Supervises all after-school program staff, including hiring & managing of after-school staff, volunteers, and coaches.
- Collects and approves payroll records for all staff and submits to FirstLine central office as directed (coaching stipends & after-care teachers).
- Ensures that after-school program staff have all necessary materials and supplies.
- Coordinates efforts of partner organizations providing services at school sites to ensure quality after-school programming.
- Collects accurate attendance records, hours, & volunteer logs that are reported for grants
Student and Family Engagement
- Communicates regularly with school personnel and parents/guardians to ensure successful participation and safe procedures for all students enrolled in the program.
- Coordinates and implements at least one-two culminating performances each year in order to showcase student work.
Safety and Logistics
- Creates schedule of after-school programming
- Assigns space for all after-school programs
- Designs logistics for safe oversight of all students in after-school programs
- Trains after-school staff, volunteers, and coaches on all policies and procedures.
- Ensures students are always accounted for and supervised
Education & Experience
- Teaching or youth development experience
- Experience managing educational programs and/or staff
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
Desired Qualities & Characteristics :
- Believe in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
- Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations
- Take personal responsibility
- Highly detail-oriented
- Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Share a commitment to creating great schools in New Orleans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Model the FirstLine values of Service, Learning, Collaboration and Results
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
After-School Coordinator reports to: School Director
How to Apply : Please apply online via: http://www.firstlineschools.org/careers
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.