2017-2018 SELF Leadership Coach
FirstLine Schools: SPECIAL EDUCATION LEADERSHIP FELLOWSHIP (SELF) LEADERSHIP COACH
Creating and inspiring great open admissions public schools in New Orleans
About FirstLine Schools
In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans. FirstLine now operates four K-8th grade schools and a high school. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans. We do this by:
● Ensuring college and career readiness for all students, as demonstrated by achievement, aspiration, love of learning, and confidence
● Providing a rich variety of education experiences to nurture our students’ character, health, and active citizenship
● Developing the skillfulness of our team members
● Building a sustainable organization that facilitates our long-term success
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
Special Education Leader Fellowship (SELF) aims to improve the quality of special education student outcomes by developing current and aspiring special education leaders and RTI coordinators through a uniquely designed 2-year Fellowship. The Fellowship provides formal training sessions, leadership coaching, professional learning communities, peer program reviews and visits to exemplary programs across the country. In doing so, SELF accelerates the development of these middle leaders to create outstanding special education programming in schools. SELF is a FirstLine program.
The Leadership Coach is responsible for the Fellows’ professional development to improve special education programming in their schools. Additionally, the Leadership Coach provides individualized support to Fellows in order to embed the skills necessary for success into the daily practice of Fellows and their teams. As a SELF team member, the leadership coach embodies the SELF values of Belief, Responsibility, and Teamwork.
Supporting and delivering programming:
Special Education School Reviews
General Leadership and Support
Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
● Believe in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
● Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations
● Take personal responsibility
● Highly detail-oriented
● Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders
● Share a commitment to creating great schools in New Orleans
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
SELF Leadership Coaches are experienced, successful special education leaders who are dedicated to the SELF mission. The successful candidate will possess a combination of passion, experience, and effectiveness.
Additional qualifications include:
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, which include:
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
● Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results