2018-2019 Music/Band Teacher
FirstLine Schools: Music Teacher
About FirstLine Schools
In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans. FirstLine now operates four K-8th grade schools and a high school. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans. We do this by:
● Ensuring college and career readiness for all students, as demonstrated by achievement, aspiration, love of learning, and confidence
● Providing a rich variety of education experiences to nurture our students’ character, health, and active citizenship
● Developing the skillfulness of our team members
● Building a sustainable organization that facilitates our long-term success
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
FirstLine’s Vision Of Teaching Excellence
We develop teachers at FirstLine by focusing on excellence in teaching. To do so, we coach teachers and center professional development on our Vision of Excellence in Teaching rubric the components of which include:
● On Task (Maintaining high expectations and maximizing instructional time)
● Essential Content (Planning effectively)
● Cognitive Engagement (Maintaining High Academic Expectations and Building Thinking Skills)
● Demonstration of Learning (Leading Instruction, Checking for Understanding, Responding to Student Misunderstanding)
● Community of Learners (Establishing Expectations and Responding to Student Behaviors)
FirstLine Schools is currently seeking a Music Teacher. The Music Teacher will be responsible for implementing a robust music curriculum across a wide range of learners.
The Music Teacher will work with the school to:
Education & Experience:
● 2 or more years of lead teaching (as the teacher of record) (highly preferred)
● Demonstrated success working with students in an urban, open admissions school
● A BA or BS
● A strong background in and command of content area
● Louisiana Teacher Certification Completed or in progress (or be eligible to hold for our out-of-state applicants)
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
● Believe in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
● Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations
● Take personal responsibility
● Highly detail-oriented
● Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders
● Share a commitment to creating great schools in New Orleans
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Model the FirstLine values of Service, Learning, Collaboration and Results and Fun
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
● Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
TEACHER reports to: School Principal/Assistant Principal
How to Apply : Please apply online via: http://www.firstlineschools.org/careers
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results