2017-2018 Development Coordinator / Grant Writer
FirstLine Schools: Development Coordinator / Grant Writer for FirstLine Schools and Edible Schoolyard New Orleans
Creating and inspiring great open admissions public schools in New Orleans
About FirstLine Schools
In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans, which became the highest performing open admission middle school in the city. FirstLine now operates four K-8th grade schools and a high school. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans. We do this by:
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
Founded in 2006, Edible Schoolyard New Orleans (ESYNOLA) envisions generations of New Orleans children who have healthy relationships with food, the natural world, themselves, and their community. ESYNOLA’s mission is to teach children to make healthy connections through food. Our aim is to ensure the long-term well being of students, families, and school communities by:
The Development Coordinator contributes to the FirstLine development team’s efforts to raise approximately $2 million per year in grants and contributions to support FirstLine’s priority initiatives. The Coordinator assists FirstLine Chief Development Officer and FirstLine Director of Development with donor prospecting, grant writing, donor record keeping, grant reporting, and fundraising event management. The position is full-time, with competitive salary and benefits.
The position’s specific responsibilities include:
FUNDRAISING AND DONOR RELATIONS
DONOR RECORDS MANAGEMENT
Education & Experience:
1. B.A. or B.S. degree required
2. At least two years’ experience in non-profit development, with demonstrated experience in proposal writing.
3. Must be highly motivated and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as superior organizational skills
4. Strong computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and proficiency in use of Google Docs and Google Sheets
5. Experience with online donor records management database required; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
6. Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills, including one grant proposal writing sample.
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR / GRANT WRITER reports to: FirstLine Director of Development
Salary range: mid-$40’s
How to Apply: Please apply online via: http://www.firstlineschools.org/careers
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please UPLOAD a cover letter, resume, and grant proposal writing sample COMBINED in one file for consideration.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results