Employment Opportunities at World Concern
Regional Transformational Development Officer, Asia
|Location:||WC- Southeast Asia|
|# of openings:||1|
|Requisition Closing Date:|
|Job Description:||World Concern is a Christian global relief and development agency that extends opportunity and hope to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty. We serve nearly 5 million people in 13 countries, focusing on food security, child protection, education, maternal and child health, microfinance, vocational training, clean water and sanitation and disaster response.
Position: Regional Transformational Development Officer, Asia
Location: Asia, TBD
Reports to: Director of Transformational Development
Length of Contract: One year-renewable
To support the region in strategic direction, staff capacity building, tool development and program advising as related to transformational development (TD), ensuring TD principles and practices are consistently integrated and effectively implemented throughout World Concern’s programs in the region.
• Collaborate in the process of formulating and articulating World Concern Asia’s strategic approach to TD
• Work with Country Directors to develop a strategy for the integration of TD into existing and future programs
• Advise and assist in the development of proposals and programs that reflect transformational approaches and goals
• Identify and pursue partnerships with like-minded actors in the region
• Devise and implement a regional training plan for the professional development of field level staff in the area of TD
• Identify contextually appropriate tools and methods for the ongoing spiritual development of staff
• Conduct trainings and workshops for country directors and field staff on topics related to TD (participatory techniques, adult education, core values, key TD tools, etc.)
• Promote an atmosphere of shared learning within the Asia region
• Together with the Director of TD, conduct TD-focused sessions at the annual Asia leadership meetings
• Assist in the creation/adoption/adaptation of development-focused tools for each of World Concern Asia’s key sectors
• Ensure Biblical witness and World Concern values are integrated into development tools and activities in ways that are appropriate for the context in which they will be used
• Conduct field testing of tools and suggest adaptations as needed
• Capture lessons learned from the field in Asia and integrate them into global curriculum
• Provide TD-related technical support for One Village Transformed (OVT) program design and proposal development
• Ensure OVT staff are trained on core competencies necessary for OVT implementation
• In cooperation with program/project managers, review and provide feedback on weekly OVT activity reports
• Monitor progress of OVT and offer guidance and direction to the implementation team
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
• Spiritually mature follower of Jesus Christ, with sound biblical knowledge and commitment to World Concern’s values, vision and mission
• Masters degree in Community Development or related field
• At least 5 years field experience working in integrated development
• Significant experience in staff and beneficiary training, especially adult education
• Demonstrated success in working cross-culturally with diverse teams, including working with various faith backgrounds
• Extensive experience in integrating development work with biblically-informed values and beliefs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• English, fluent written and spoken
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Able to travel frequently in the region
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience:
• Formal or informal Bible training
• Formal or informal training on Transformational Development
• Language(s) from one or more of World Concern’s operational Asia countries a plus
• Strategic Thinking – has the ability to set goals, plan and prioritize
• Creative Thinking – can innovate and introduce new ideas, approaches and solutions
• Communication – proven ability to conduct engaging participatory training for both highly-educated and illiterate audiences; excellent writing skills
• Commitment – demonstrates understanding of and commitment and adherence to World Concern’s values and mission
• Time Management – is able to multi-task & meet deadlines
• Leadership – inspires and energizes others to work together; models and mentors
• Personal Integrity – is trustworthy and conscientious; can be relied on to act and speak with consistency and honesty.
• Initiative – grasps opportunities and proactively ensures that neither issues nor people are forgotten or overlooked
• Stewardship - Makes the best use of resources while striving for high standards and a balance between effectiveness and efficiency.
• Requires frequent travel to field locations where basic services may be limited.
• May involve traveling in small boats, planes or driving on rough roads that are not maintained over long distances.
• May encounter armed military or militia groups.
• Periodic interruptions of power or communications.
|Back to Search Results