Clinipace is a global full-service clinical research organization (CRO) serving the unique needs of venture-backed, mid-tier and strategic pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device firms. We help our customers advance drug candidates to deliver successful stakeholder and patient outcomes. We leverage extensive therapeutic knowledge, clinical trial expertise, and comprehensive innovative technology to support life science firms in achieving some of their most important goals: Executing regulatory strategies, optimizing clinical development timelines and completing high quality trials. We are proud to have a culture that is vibrant, supportive, performance-driven, and passionate while focusing on continual learning and development. Clinipace associates are passionate about their lives and bring that same passion to their work at Clinipace.
Job Title: Contract Senior Clinical Research Associate
Job Location: Warsaw, Poland (Home Based, Regional)
The Contract Sr. Clinical Research Associate monitors investigational sites to ensure subject safety and provide high quality data review and reporting in compliance with the Clinipace and/or client Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practice (GCP)/ International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines, ISO14155, and other applicable local regulations. Builds, manages and supports strong site relationships while serving as liaison between the Sponsor and assigned sites.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to Project Team and Clinical Operations Team.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of protocols and Monitoring Plans for assigned projects.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Serves as primary contact for assigned research sites.
- Verifies that the investigator, staff, and site facilities remain adequate throughout the trial period.
- Responsible for the scheduling and conduct of pre-study visits, initiation visits, interim monitoring visits and close-out visits according to the Monitoring Plan.
- Ensures research sites conduct studies according to protocol requirements or investigational plan and applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Verifies the rights and well-being of trial subjects are protected.
- Reconciles site regulatory binder assuring collection and completeness of regulatory documents.
- Collects and ensures completeness of all essential regulatory documentation from sites from study start-up through close-out.
- Verifies that written informed consent was obtained before each subject’s participation in the trial.
- Verifies that the investigator is enrolling only eligible subjects.
- Performs source data verification against Case Report Form/Electronic Data Capture entries in compliance with the Monitoring Plan. Ensures accurate and complete data and that corrections are appropriately documented by authorized site staff.
- Verifies the quality of all recorded data. Issues and ensures timely resolution of all data queries remotely or at investigator site.
- Performs Investigational Product accountability, including product storage, inventory, return/destruction, and dispensing/receipt records.
- Verifies and supports the recording and reporting of adverse events/serious adverse events. Ensures all types of adverse events are reported and tracked per regulatory requirements and the Monitoring Plan.
- Ensures that sites have sufficient project specific supplies.
- Manages investigative sites in respect to the trial conduct and motivates sites to meet study goals.
- Communicates deviations from the protocol, SOPs, and/or GCP, to the investigator, and project management team and takes appropriate action to prevent recurrence.
- Delivers high quality written trip reports, confirmation and follow-up letters within timelines of SOPs and monitoring plans.
- Participates in site audits, as requested.
- May conduct site and study feasibility assessments.
- Uphold the confidentiality agreements with all clients and colleagues outside Clinipace.
- Pays attention to signals of fraud, misconduct and escalates per Clinipace SOP.
- Work according to the project-specific timelines and budget agreement, which has been agreed upon with the sponsor. Accurately document the time spent per project in the Clinipace time allocation system.
- May conduct project co-monitoring visits and/or training visits.
- May serve as site contact for protocol clarifications and subject enrollment.
- Attends and participates in team teleconferences/meetings.
- Attends investigator meetings.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
- Proactively identifies, manages, escalates (as needed) and resolves site issues effectively and independently.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- 4 year college graduate, preferably with a healthcare or life science degree.
- In lieu of a degree, candidates with 3 or more years of relevant clinical research experience in pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in on-site monitoring of clinical studies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Expert monitoring skills to independently conduct all types of site monitoring visits
- Good documentation skills; good command of English and the local language in the area of activity (reading, writing, understanding)
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines
- Proficiency in medical terminology
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices and to determine appropriate action independently.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Assist in training/mentoring guidance and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to drive an automobile and have a valid driver’s license, if applicable.
- Valid passport required in the case of international business travel.
- Ability to travel.
The company will not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors.