About Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Founded in 1847, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located in Michigan and Minnesota. By 2020, Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the Great Lakes region with the development of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency. For more information, visit http://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity with Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back often.
Summary of Principal Functions:
Development, coordination and management of day-to-day operations for transportation at Cliffs managed properties.
- Schedule, direct and track daily rail and/or truck shipments with operations staff from Cliffs’ Iron Unit Limited’s plant in Toledo and with logistic personnel located at Cliffs’ HBI customers’ facilities.
- Manage customer delivery expectations with a high volume of transportation
- Review all shipment documents, for example Bills of Lading, for accuracy before information is shared with internal and external constituents.
- Update and input all relevant shipment data/information into the company’s Vessel Cargo System and ensure accuracy of loaded data.
- Maintain various spreadsheets to track rail and truck loadings. Also update all customer and rail/ truck / shipping company product nominations as they adjust throughout the year.
- Update all vessel, rail, and truck rate schedules to ensure billing rates from our transportations service providers are accurate.
- Review invoices.
- Manage client relationships and assist with contract negotiations.
- Travel on a regular basis to all Cliffs’ operating, client, and logistics providers’ facility’s.
- Contribute to regular teleconference meetings with clients, operations, and logistic providers.
- Coordinate with operating unit production and technical personnel to support quality related processes.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 5-10 years of transportation experience.
- Knowledge of bulk materials (not containerized freight), Midwest Rail Transport system and regional trucking capabilities.
- Experience with interstate river distribution of bulk materials.
- Should have advanced knowledge of rail and truck logistics for inbound and outbound cargoes.
- Communication Skills – Actively listen to site representatives, commercial representatives, internal customers, and suppliers to identify key points and clearly communicate with others. Write and speak clearly and succinctly. Communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Teamwork – Work effectively with others in a team environment, including assuming and executing fair share of workload. Is flexible and willing to compromise.
- Decision making – Ability to analyze problems, and make timely and balanced recommendations and business decisions.
- Flexibility – Can adapt work plan to adjust to unforeseen issues or changes.
- Organizing and Planning – Ability to assess resources and time necessary to successfully complete projects. Can plan objectives, set milestones, and monitor performance to ensure on-time completion.
- Resourcefulness – Able to identify and pursue new ideas and opportunities to add value to the company.
- Results oriented – Systematically set goals and make plans to achieve them Manage resources to ensure objectives are met.
- Technical – Possess all of the technical and functional skills necessary to do the job. Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and increasing professional competence. Keep abreast of current developments in the logistics industry.
- Thinking – Must have highly developed analytical skills.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Will be on call 24 hours a day for emergency situations and able to work weekends and holidays.