About Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Founded in 1847, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located in Michigan and Minnesota. By 2020, Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the Great Lakes region with the development of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency. For more information, visit http://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity with Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back often.
The Safety & Training Coordinator will assist with developing safety training and compliance programs. This position will assist the Safety Manager on safety policies and procedures on a daily basis and will be responsible for the documentation, coordination, and gathering of training requirements.
- Integrate safety and health culture within the operations
- OSHA recordkeeping administrator, including OSHA 300 Log
- Conduct new employee and contractor orientation before work on-site begins
- Issuance of safety equipment and PPE, including prescription safety glasses in coordination with provider
- Facilitate training including First Aid/CPR, hazard analysis, regulatory compliance standards, machine guarding, ergonomics, accident investigation, and other basic health and safety matters in the facility such as Lock/Out Tag/Out.
- Provide basic First Aid treatment as needed
- Prepare safety presentation materials for safety and compliance training programs and monthly safety meetings.
- Coordinate Workers Compensation activities
- Assist with the investigation of accidents and injuries, including working with supervisors on the completion of accident investigation reports
- Work with supervisors to determine areas where training may be needed to aid in reducing accidents and improving safety
- Complete routine Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for new and existing work stations to identify and eliminate hazards and to provide training and re-training to supervisors and employees
- Maintain individual employee training files and medical files
- Coordinate annual hearing tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety. May consider equivalent experience of at least 5 years of experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the health and safety field
- OSHA 30-hour certification preferred or knowledge of OSHA preferred
- Experience training individuals and groups on safety and health issues
- Ohio First Aid
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment working with all levels in an organization.
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills
- Flexible schedule and willing to work across shifts
- Must have basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to make decisions relevant to job duties on a regular basis with guidance from established policy, regulatory framework and/or from the Safety Manager
- Domestic as required
- To Cleveland-based headquarters and Michigan / Minnesota-based operational sites, as required
- Up to 10% estimated, will vary as work load dictates
- Occasionally lifting up to 25lbs
- Mobility required. Must be able to handle stairs and long periods of work on your feet
- Routinely exposed to plant environment including noise, dust, dirt and vibrations, extreme climate changes / changes in weather